1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is America Racially Divided?!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Apr 17, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Three questions:

1) Is America worse off today [racially], especially when it comes to black/white relations?
    2) Is the current Administration in any way to blame, and if so or not, why or why not?
    3) Can America regain what MLK worked so long and hard to bring about in the 60s?

HINT: In MHO, any racial divide is not all to blame on law enforcement. Me thinks there is plenty of blame to go around. BUT, where do we as a society start the healing process to gain back the good MLK ushered in fifty years ago?

Thanks for your thoughtful responses .....:wavey:

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, we are much better off today than when I was a kid and a young adult. There are no segregated water fountains, restrooms, etc. It is much better now.

No, but the racist folk like to say this is true. There are racist who are upset we have a black president, but that is their problem and it is pretty obvious to anyone who really looks.

What do you think he brought about?

Stop the blind criticism of the African American population. Work together with them and others to create a good, peaceful society.

You are most welcome.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) It might just be a guessmation - but what % of whites do you think that are racists and upset we have a mulatto President.

2) So there is a "theory" that most Whites do not like the current President because of his policies and not because of his race.
    Agree or disagree

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't know. Would be interesting to know.

What is the percentage of white folk who would never vote for any African American candidate? I have no idea.

Don't believe it is "most Whites". Would be interesting to know that also.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Who cares what % is racists? There are a lot and a lot don't even realize the depths of their racism and racial prejudices.

A big ole bag of horse doo. The level of animus and disrespect for this President makes it clear that it has very little to do with his policies and a whole lot to do with his skin color.

Ronald Reagan treated Israel far worse than Obama ever has. But now Obama is gonna make Jesus come back because of the way he has treated Israel. :rolleyes:

South Carolina Republican Representative Joe Wilson yells out, ‘You’re a liar,’ when President Obama addressed a joint session of Congress.

47 Senators didn't sign and send a letter to Iran because of policy. Senators have disagreed with policy before. This was about a level of disrespect for a President that goes beyond politics.

Privilege may try to make it into something more palatable. But it's obvious where the disrespect is coming from.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would been a lot simpler if you said you either don't know, or don't want to answer.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Who is accurately collecting that type of information? You really think folks are gonna say anything but "I'm not a racist. I disagree with his policies, it has nothing to do with his skin color"?

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would say that MOST Christians have against our president JUST due to his liberal agenda and plocies, as he has been the most anti christian one that I can remember in the Office, and he has seemed to want to run this nation off the cliff, and to take isreal down the tubes with us!

better question would be as to how Black christians, who are in many ways more conservative in issues of standards and morality, keep on voting for a person who is the worst offender as regards to those standards and morality that we have ever had?

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Perhaps they are more offended by how white Christians are treating this man who looks like them. It's kinda difficult to claim the moral highground when you're disrespecting and dishonoring this President like no other white President in the past.

So maybe, just maybe, they'd much rather support him than support folks who pretend to be their Brothers, but their actions show they'd just assume spit in their faces.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The short answer is yes. Now more than ever. Yes, Obama has made it worse. End.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen!

What is the color of Obama's skin? All I see is a man with policies I can't support. Oh by the way, his skin color is not an issue; it's just too thin! :wavey:

12. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

From an outsiders point of view yes it is! Having left Australia for NZ....I have another view of Oz, I had never experienced racism until coming to NZ...it is tiresome and uncomfortable, and so amazingly ignorant!. I think every country has dirty linen which is not fully appreciated until one is on the outside.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nice try. Obama hasn't made anything worse. What he has done is made a world of privileged white people hear something they try to avoid acknowledging.

So if racism is worse, it's worse because the privileged continue to stick their heads in the ground just as privileged white people did during slavery and Jim Crow.

In the middle of the good fight for those who love Jesus!

Sent from my Logitech Keyboard using my fingertips.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Statisics say other wise.

Having a racist AG, appointed by Obama, has done the most damage. Stating that the government will enforce the law differently, based on the color of one's skin, is a message that has resonated with race baiters.

As we have seen, everytime Obama gets a chance to act like a president of the people over a racial incident, he acts like a racist poor me black man.

It's a fact, race relations are worse now than they were when he became president and he bears a lot of the responsibility for it.

16. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just read a couple of articles that talk about how people Re more partiest then they are racist. So its really hard to say that the problems people have with the president are only about his race.
    Considering that the studies I have seen peoples prejudice against the opposite party are 2 times greater then their prejudice against the opposite race it makes perfect sense that people say they are against the policy of the president regardless of his race.
    I know that is true for me, I would not care if my children marry another race but if they came home dating a Democrat we would be having a long talk about why that is a huge problem.

Link to artical http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-09-22/partyism-now-trumps-racism

17. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No politics at the dinner table then, eh? :laugh:

18. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not his race that is a problem . It's how he approaches racial incidents that is the problem.

Let's face it. He is a divider. In all things. Has been since day one. Race is only one of them.