1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Andy Stanley Ho-Humming the Virgin Birth?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by InTheLight, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, rather that God judged that all of us have sinned in Adam, as He was th representative for us before God!
    Same way God judges saved all found in Christ, second Adam, who passed the test to fully obey God on our behalf!

2. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some here though seem to have said Jesus did not have to be born that way to be God incarnate, our Messiah, though, correct?

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is that old sin nature then? Something that gets in us at first sin done?

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 8:46 states that Jess did indeed assert that!

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People do not look at this issue in those terms. So it is irrelevant with regard to this conversation. Neither do we make one recite that Mary was a Virgin before w dub them saved. In fact it is not normally part of the soul winning process.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree that belief in it is not what saves you, but one needs to hold to it once saved!

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If they do not is it your position then that they are not saved? What do you means by "need to believe".

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saved, but really have a bad view on this, as it is the way God used to haveJesus bypass being a sinner,,,
    IF you say that it was not needed , than how could he not be a sinner like you and me?

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being born of a virgin is not a natural thing. We can sit around all day and say that Jesus had to be born of a virgin in order not to inherit sin, but many do not draw that conclusion (that sin is somehow inherited from our father as a biological trait). In fact, I do not draw that conclusion. I don't believe that sin is transmitted genetically, biologically, or physically but instead I view sin as a spiritual issue. We are of Adam spiritually, and Jesus was also of the same stock (humanly speaking) but without sin.

That said, I do believe that Jesus was born of a virgin. The reason, however, was not necessarily to prevent sin from being transferred through bodily fluids. It was because His Father is God. Jesus is fully God and fully man.

My point, Y1, is that those who doubt the virgin birth do not necessarily doubt that Jesus was without sin. We can't take their understanding to what we would consider our logical conclusion (for example - logically, if a woman is pregnant she has had relations with a man).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't take it in a biological sense, but in a spritual one, as paul seemed to be quite clear that Jesus stood in for sinners as our head, and that God declares us right due to Him "Passing the test". in like fashion, Adam stood in place of sinners and failed, so all in Him now lost, all in Christ now saved. I am just reacting to those who deny the Virgin Birth , who say that God did not do that, was jusy a myth, or some deny that, as they say the Apostles just took over myth to contrast Jesus is Lord as compared to Caesar!

11. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had someone on here rebuke me a yr ago for calling him a heretic. That person said he had written a couple of good books I gave up at that point.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't imagine who that would be..............:Rolleyes