1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is anyone currently writing anything?

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by UnchartedSpirit, May 25, 2007.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMO, the best humor is suprise humor, humor that catches you off guard. Humor should never be forced. So let it come naturally and surprise even yourself! :smilewinkgrin:

2. Acumenical

Acumenical Member

I'm another one of those aspiring novelists, although I hope to write non-fiction as well. I've been to a few Christian writer's conferences, and found them to be helpful. There are some good websites as well, for those seeking advice and feedback (FaithWriters comes to mind, but there are others.) I hope God can use whatever gifts I might have to His glory in the years ahead.

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I am working on an Algebra book. Very hands on for the teacher. Very easy for the teacher. PPTs, bulleted lessons, hand outs with worked problems. I've got a friend that I'm trying to talk into writing a Pre-algebra accompanying book. She seems eager, but hesitant to start. I may have to do that myself when I finish this.

I like to write fiction - my journal at times reads like fiction (or is that my life!), but I find I can sell the technical stuff better.

4. Apreacher4Him

Apreacher4Him New Member

I have 3 thoughts...

I have The basis for 3 texts that I would like to see come to fruition Lord Willing.

2 were started in Seminary in research papers that I received high marks on in classes with our Seminary Dean and one with our Undergraduate Bible Dept Chairman.

the 3rd would be on personal spiritual lessons that I have learned in the last year.

The Topics would be a challenge however because they are all well known topics (although not so often applied - hence my purpose) and written on much, but I have come up with Biblical outlines which my Dean really appreciated from my extensive Bible Study and Theological Research for the two that I began the genesis of in Seminary. In fact, in my yearbook when I graduated he specifically wrote that He always enjoyed reading my papers.

1) The Rapture - Our Blessed Hope
    2) The Fear of God - The Beginning of Wisdom
    3)

But, as I said, Lord willing.... Right now I do not even own a computer.
    And, I still have some spiritual consistency to gain before I would even ask the Lord to allow me to begin with His blessing.

5. Apreacher4Him

Apreacher4Him New Member

I have 3 thoughts...

I have The basis for 3 texts that I would like to see come to fruition Lord Willing.

2 were started in Seminary in research papers that I received high marks on in classes with our Seminary Dean and one with our Undergraduate Bible Dept Chairman.

the 3rd would be on personal spiritual lessons that I have learned in the last year.

The Topics would be a challenge however because they are all well known topics (although not so often applied - hence my purpose) and written on much, but I have come up with Biblical outlines which my Dean really appreciated from my extensive Bible Study and Theological Research for the two that I began the genesis of in Seminary. In fact, in my yearbook when I graduated he specifically wrote that He always enjoyed reading my papers.

1) The Rapture - Our Blessed Hope
    2) The Fear of God - The Beginning of Wisdom
    3)

But, as I said, Lord willing.... Right now I do not even own a computer.
    And, I still have some spiritual consistency to gain before I would even ask the Lord to allow me to begin with His blessing.

6. Author*To*Be

Author*To*Be New Member

Book

I am currently trying to expand one of my short stories into a novel, and it's been going alright. I just hope if I ever finish it it will be published.