1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Baptism essential for salvation

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by 2 Tim. 2:15, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

Regarding
    Good.
    Good; amen.:thumbs:
    I do too.

I believe Scripture passages on giving and receiving water baptism should be taken at face value: Christians ought to be baptized in water.

I also think Acts 10:43 ought to be taken at face value when it says "everyone that believeth on him |receives| remission of sins" (ASV|ESV|ASV).

#101 Darron Steele, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2008
  2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quote (I think from Darren Steele:
    "...I am a strong believer in the water baptism"

GE:
    Yes, and I am too --- because I am a strong believer in (or rather, of) the Apostles. Does that make me an Apostle? No, it does not. Does that make water-baptism to me and every subsequent to the Apostles' generation, applicable? No, it does not. Just as much as it would be wrong to assume Apostleship to myself, just as much would it be wrong to assume to myself or for the Church for that matter, water-baptism.

You assert water-baptism, Darren Steele, as if you are an Apostle, and you are not an Apostle of Jesus Christ, as surely as no other Christian can be another Apostle of Jesus Christ.

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Anyone, show me a division or point of conflict in the Church of the ages that water-baptism played not some core-part in!

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE

Just listen to the authoritative tone! Whose authority? But so have I learned through years and experience many, to know the lording-over by 'baptism-freaks'. The authority of the 'text of Scripture' ... why? I do not observe at all ...