1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Baptism the New Circumcision?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Wittenberger, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I was talking about Christians. A person gets Jesus’ teachings and obeys them, then they receive the Holy Spirit and then are regenerated, born again. They live their lives obeying Jesus’ teachings. Christians are being transformed by the renewing of their mind. What do you think renewing of your mind means? Renewing of the mind is about a different way of thinking…not just a different way of thinking, but thinking the words of the Creator Himself.

Do not be deceitful. I live by the Spirit.

How do you think that happens if you do not do what Jesus says?

You just throw away all the words of God and repeat one scripture that you do not understand.

2. Romans7man

Romans7man New Member

I didn't go back and read but a few posts here, so I'm not sure if someone has already stated this.

Baptism is not the new circumcision, but because we are baptized into Christ's death, burial, and resurrection, a circumcision does occur.

As the physical circumcision is the cutting and discarding of the flesh of the male's foreskin the circumcision that occurs with the believer is the death of the flesh. Read Romans 6-8 in the KJV and see how many times it referrs to the flesh, body, and members of the believer being crucified or put to death in some form or another.

We are to reckon it to be dead. This is a walk by faith and not by sight. Many talk of "putting the flesh to death", but that is not what a believer is told to do. A believer is told to reckon it already done, believe God and walk in that truth.