1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Barack Obama a Marxist?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I like that one, ROFL. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

Thank you pinoybaptist. If you would indulge me, I'd be interested in hearing which of my points you found debatable. I certainly do not want to draw you into a political debate you're not interested in having, but I'd be grateful if you would identify what you saw as a potential error and tell me which passage in Marx you'd advise that I examine further for my own personal study. Further clarification is always helpful!

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

What do his comments (listed below) have to do with Marxism? I think you call everyone you disagree with a communist.

“You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them…And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.

And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion, or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

Does anyone here disagree that the trend has been to lose factory jobs and gain service related jobs? That's a fact.

4. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Your article merely said what the Communists believed. It didn't tie any of those beliefs to anyone. You merely made that claim. I can do that too. That claim is completely untrue.