1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is being a good person Enough?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Ben W, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is being a good person enough to give you eternal life? Is God pleased that you are a good person?

Take this quiz and find out!

http://www.livingwaters.com/good/

2. Christianbsw

Christianbsw New Member

Thank you so much for the site address! I have shared it with others who really love it, also!

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Glad you enjoyed it.

What interested me was when I posted it up on a non christian board that has a spirituality type section, My PM box began to light up with hate mail. This encouraged me alot, if it provokes that type of reaction, then it proves that the message of it hits home in exactly the right way.

One fellow then posted a link about how Jesus being the Only way to heaven is not modern thinking any more. Now that is quite ok by everyone on the board. Yet to a Christian that is offensive. Yet I dont bother with being offended, what it shows me is that we are preaching the right thing that Jesus the resurrected Christ is the one true way to heaven.

It really has lifted my heart in some ways even though it was meant as animosity. People hate us for whose Name we bear on our hearts. And if this presentation gets the word out then I will link it to everwhere that I can think of!

4. Christianbsw

Christianbsw New Member

You are right. When sharing the word of God, there will be challenges! Love those who would challenge you. Pray for them with all your heart. We will offend those whose religions are questioned.
    So are you from Queensland area? I have a friend who attends Uni there, somewhere.

5. Michaelt

Michaelt Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is an excellent presentation. I'm going to explore the site and use that presentation with some of my non christian friends.

6. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I wish I lived in Queensland, that is where Steve Irwin has his "Australia Zoo". I am from Adelaide which is in the state of South Australia. It is where the Pontiac GTO is made! [​IMG]

7. Christianbsw

Christianbsw New Member

NO way! I had no idea that GTO's came from Aussie land! How cool! My colleague and friend is in social work courses in Australia and was so excited when she was given a pass to visit the Aboriginal tribes people there. I believe she would like to have stayed with them in ministry. Do you go to Queensland much? Is Adelaide not one of the dryer and cooler areas?

8. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Actually I have never been to Queensland! Yet I will be going there this year. Australia is one of few countries in the word that is divided into states under a federal government.

Adelaide is a place that has cool winters, yet very hot summers, Queensland has humid heat wheras South Australia has dry heat.

9. Christianbsw

Christianbsw New Member

Adelaide sounds like Texas! I hope you enjoy your journey.

10. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member