1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Black Lives Matter the new Black Panther movement?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Aug 11, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I ask this in all seriousness, without intended malice. I am not looking for a renewed dust up of issues about black rights. I was terribly concerned with the militant takeover of Bernie Sanders speaking engagement over the weekend as well as the renewed violence in Ferguson, and at the center of this is the BLM group.

Do any of you see the BLM as the new Black Panther movement, which ran its course. This group seems to be more acceptable to black with an ax to grind, and what is more amazing is the number of Muslim attired and white individuals leading the charge.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it isn't. Blacklivesmatters is nothing more than a fabricated movement by community organizers to captialize on the personal tragedies of people to promote a political agenda. They pay rioters to loot and protesters to get in peoples faces. It is not honest nor organic. It appears that its goal is to nationalize the police.