1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Christianity Dying?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Thousand Hills, May 14, 2015.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are missing the point of the Basic Principle that God always judges man according to the revelation provided for them. Those that are brain damaged fall under the same provision afforded to every Old Testament Saint that died having only offered up the death of animals for the purpose of remission of sins.

The same is true of babies.

Those who rejected Moses' Law will not be held to the same standard as those who reject the Gospel. The writer of Hebrews makes this clear:

Hebrews 10:26-29

King James Version (KJV)

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

God bless.

2. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Ok, still not sure we are in agreement on much of anything. There's no such thing as a nominal Christian (oxymoron) same as "carnal Christian" no such thing. Regardless, thanks, its been fun.

Your time might be better spent hopping on over to:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=99701

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you think about Dispensational theology......think its followers pose a threat to Christianity?

4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean a Christian is not a Christian unless they achieve some certain criteria?

There is such a thing as a nominal Christian, that is without question.

And thanks for the heads up on the thread. Glad I saw that before I left.

God bless.

5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think anyone who is more concerned for Systematic Theology than they are with Scripture is a threat to Christianity.

That is not exclusive to any System, it means all of them.

There are numerous brands of dispensational view, and some of them are without question...questionable. But, that does not mean their adherents don't think they are correct...like the rest of us do.

The question is settled when it's taken to the Word.

God bless.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They don't threaten the entire world with political stances favoring Zionists.

7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, an anti-Semitic, eh?

You should probably run on down to Politics.

You will probably find some friends who also favor Radical Islamic Terrorists over the Nation God created some, what, four thousand years ago?

I for one am glad that Israel is in place. Like to see ISIS take a stab at her.

God bless.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Define anti-Semitic

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hatred for Jewish people. And showing that hatred by calling a respect for the Nation Israel...threaten(ing) the entire world with political stances favoring Zionists.

"(ing)" inserted.

Thought you had to go to bed? You working tomorrow?

God bless.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's just horse manure. Some of my best friends are Jews. Do you hate Palestinians? And are they not Semites)....I think they are? What do you think about their rites. Really I don't hate anybody.....But I will defend myself and my family if threatened.

I'm done here.

#30 Earth Wind and Fire, May 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The horse manure is we have gone from dispensationalists threatening the entire world with political stances favoring Zionists to now you were speaking about Palestinians?

And how do you know the Palestinians are not Semitic?

Where exactly do they come from, eh? Some would argue that they are actually Jews, and that the Jews are not Semitic.

And you don't really hate anybody? Not even Dispensationalists? Who threaten the entire world with political stances favoring Zionists...who are not semitic? lol

And who threatened your family?

Them Zionist pigs?

Really, go to bed, your wearing me out...

God bless.

12. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Oh, I see, your one of those that likes to put words in peoples mouth. I never said that.

If you think so, but personally I like to think more of what Christ accomplished/is accomplishing than to believe that nonsense.

Looking forward to Icon taking you to the woodshed.

13. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The falling away must come and I believe that we are in the beginnings of it.

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a simple question.

You said...

...which suggests that one is not a Christian if they are lax.

The truth is...most are.

Salvation is not a matter of people doing what they are supposed to, and seldom is in the beginning, because of ignorance. Salvation is a matter of God saving people who can't save themselves, and then...

...conforming them to the image of Christ.

It is a process we begin at salvation, and one that never stops, and sadly, most are not extremely zealous. And if one is, they are viewed as fanaticals, lol.

So you tell me how the question puts anything in your mouth, and you have still...not answered the question.

You have opportunity again to do so, and I will phrase it differently: are you saying that those who are nominal in their faith...are not Christians?

Then you have to recognize that Christ is bringing His Church to a better obedience by instructing them.

The nominal Christian is in the beginnings of that.

There are two threads for you to peruse.

Have fun.

God bless.

15. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christianity is not dying. Christianity is growing by leaps and bounds in China. The center of Christianity may be moving there. We met a number of missionaries from another Asian nation who said their goal is to bring Christ to China. They went on to say they knew that their country was to small to send missionaries all over the world, but that China, with its huge population, will be able to send out enough missionaries to change the entire world.

Exciting, isn't it?

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It really is. We saw the results of Missionaries in Korea, the thought of that happening in China goes beyond exciting.

Awesome.

God bless.

17. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Dying? No.
    Pushed aside in the United States? Yes.
    Christianity does not have to be "made relevant" for today. It just is.
    It's just that people don't care about it as much anymore.
    Respect for religion is what is dying. In this country, it started be oming okay to mock faith, to mock our Creator. It was tolerated, and that disrespect has grown and flourished. Sin started being joked about, then tolerated, then accepted, and now protected.
    If you think about it, the downfall of most anything seems to start with joking around - a sign of lost respect, usually. You see it with Christianity, you see it happening with kids and parents, you see the lack of respect for life itself in how people joke about it, the games they give kids to play that condition them to not blink at death. Of course people in this country aren't taking Christianity seriously. Authority is a joke, so why willingly put yourself under authority? Morality is a joke, why worry about living morally? Life isn't sacred, so who cares to worry about death and some cartoon guy with a pitchfork?

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Well said again Gina.:applause: