1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Cremation Scriptural

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by salzer mtn, Nov 4, 2015.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a heads up... This was just online at yahoo, that the salary of a Funeral Service Manager not Director was $137,410 a year in most populated areas of the country... No wonder the cost of burying your loved one is so high... Brother Glen

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Suppose Jesus had been cremated.

3. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

If Jesus had been cremated, just think of how much more miraculous His resurrection would have been. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a most interesting consideration!

Hmmmm.

5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is but then it would go against prophecy!... Brother Glen

Psalms 16:9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

6. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You view cremation as "corruption?"

7. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not really a fan of cremation, but the truth is, when I die, I am not going to be worried about it.

I will say, in regards to Scripture, we see burial as the norm.

Secondly, there is a somewhat "sacred" nature to the remains of the deceased. When construction is going on, and remains are found, construction will usually stop. When soldiers die in combat we usually try to recover their remains.

I think this is an issue that allows for the wishes of the deceased as well as that of their relatives to have the final say. My mother wants to be cremated, but not sure that is what I would do (if I should outlive her). My father in law just passed, and his wishes were to be cremated and scattered in the Intra-Coastal. His son and daughter (my wife) did cremate him, but they had him placed in an urn and will bury him with their mother in a double plot he bought years ago when their Mom passed. My brother in law actually went down and waited while his dad was being cremated.

Don't know about you guys, but that is a little morbid, and creepy...if you ask me.

I am glad he is being buried with their Mom. I think the grave site, though it doesn't house the spirit of the person, can be a place of visitation for relatives and loved ones. We know they aren't there, but, it is a place to go in remembrance of that person. Whether cremated or buried will not interfere with the resurrection of the dead, so again, I think it boils down to personal preference.

I'm in agreement with Deacon:

God bless.

• Winner Winner x 1