1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured is Darwinism compatible With Bilbical Christianity?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Oct 3, 2012.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Young man! The above is an excellent position paper. I would say to you and to all "Hold Firm to the Word of Truth"!

2. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Welcome...and WOW!!!

Bro.Tim....I, like Bro_Oldtimer and others would like to welcome you to this board and I can only add...wow...post #2 and you really hit the ground running....I hope you won't mind that I C&P'ed your post and sent it to a few friends of mine who aren't members here. That was excellent and I'll look forward to reading many more from you. You really started off with a Big Bang!! (pun intended):smilewinkgrin:

While I'm at it...thanks to you Oldtimes for your very lucid posts on this topic as well! Always a blessing to see/hear truth shining forth out of the present darkness and ignorance.:thumbsup:

Bro.Greg:type:

3. OldRegular

A Message for All Those Enamored by Evolution!

I posted the following on another thread but thought it would be educational for some on this thread!
    John Gill in his A Body of Divinity [page 5, chapter 1] presents the following example of General Revelation. Gill takes the passage from Crantz’s History of Greenland:

John Gill notes about the above testimony: “A glaring proof this, that a supreme Being, the first cause of all things, is to be concluded from the works of creation.”

4. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I need the proponents of evolution to help me understand why I should agree with them.

Evolution is a theory of men. Men are imperfect. We create imperfect machines. We invent imperfect processes. Then we test samples. Then these same imperfect men, with imperfect machines and imperfect processes, determine for themselves what the results mean.

Then, somehow, I am expected to take their word for it over God's?

In Genesis God inspired Moses to record a literal 6 day creation event. A man comes along with his imperfections and tests a rock and tells me it was formed over a million years. I either believe God or I believe the man. I cannot believe both.

5. OldRegular

Remarkable that this unlearned Greenlander would reject evolution in favor of creation while some "learned" men reject creation in favor of evolution. Sadly some professing Christians do the same!