1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Dispensationalism no longer valid?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Plain Old Bill, Nov 18, 2004.

1. richard n koustas

richard n koustas New Member

I am also new to this board and would like to chime in. I didn’t know that dispensationalist was dead until I joined a Baptist church. I never had formal schooling on this, but I knew so many dispensationalist, that I thought covenant theology was dead.. I did some research on my own, so I (think) I understand both sides. I weighed the evidence and I (personally) found covenant theology wanting.

I believe that there are three kinds of people alive today: the church of God , Jews and gentiles (1 Cor. 10:32 KJV). Galatians 3:29 says that we as believers are now the `seed of Abraham'. But if we compare this with Romans 11, we'll see that we (believers) are grafted into the trunk of the olive tree (the trunk and roots are not ours) By rejecting the messiah, present-day Israel is the branch broken off the tree. By grafting, we may partake of benefits originally meant for the Jews but I do not think that we automatically get all the promises that were made to the seed.

Lastly, end-time prophecies seem to make sense. The church is the church, Israel is Israel and nonbelievers are nonbelievers. As an example, I would really like to hear the interpretation of Rev. 12 from a covenant theology point of view.

richard n koustas
    :eek:

2. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

1 Cor. 10:32 do nothing with dispensationalism. Apostle Paul was talking about take NO offend on any groups on their custom and tradition. Paul teaches us, that we ought to respect their custom. He was not talking about God's three different families, he was talking about do not offend ANY groups of their custom.

For example, you go to Iraq, where there are so many Muslims, that nation is a Muslim country. We do not offend Muslims on what kind of meat, we want to eat, we have to repsect their custom.

That is the point of 1 Cor. 10:32 talking about.

God is no respect of persons according Romans 2:11. There is no difference between Jews & Gentiles, both are same, and all have sinned. That why, both need Jesus Christ as Saviour.

Ephesians 2:12-22 teaching us, that both Jews and Gentiles are reconciled together become into ONE through Calvary, there is no longer divided among them.

We were strangers, and separated from the commonwealth of ISREAL, but NOW we are joined in the commonwealth of Israel, because God added us unto the tree join with believing Jews together, SO, all Israel be saved according to Romans chapter 11.

God's plan of salvation never, never change since Adam's time to today, and will always be the same plan of salvation through great tribulation till the last day of the age come, then the oppurunity of salvation will finished - 1 Cor. 6:2. Throughout all centuries from Abel to Malachi, the prophet's time, they were saved by their FAITH according to Hebrews chapter 11, the same as we are saved by the faith only. Nothing change with God's plan of salvation.

God only have the SAME one family in the heaven from Adam to now, and will always be the same till the last day of this age to come.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

3. richard n koustas

richard n koustas New Member

DeafPosttrib:

you make some interesting points...

I understand what you say, but are you saying that there are not 3 types of people (unsaved Jews, unsaved Gentiles and believers (either Jew or Gentile))? Just 2 (saved and unsaved)?

I agree

This is true in the 'church of God'. Unbelievers are still either Jewish or Gentile.

I never said that old testament 'saints' were saved by anything other than faith.

And, what about yet-to-be fulfilled prophecy re: Israel?

redeemed-in-full,

richard n koustas