1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Drinking, Smoking, and Dipping a Sin

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ShotGunWillie, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I read it, but the comment is wrong. Denatured alcohol does absorb through the skin into the bloodstream. The only reason it's called "denatured" is because other chemicals are added to it to make it undrinkable. The ethyl alcohol is still there in its original form. As I pointed out in another link, a baby ingested ethyl alcohol because its umbilical stump was wrapped in gauze and denatured ethyl alcohol. How do I know it was denatured? Because ethyl alcohol for antiseptic use is denatured so that people won't drink it.

In this particular case, the baby got intoxicated, but that's because the baby was so young and its skin so easily permeated (skin is very porous at that age).

http://www.chemcases.com/alcohol/alc-04.htm

I don't know why people want to remain ignorant on this point. Alcohol is gets into your pores and into the bloodstream very easily. It isn't the substance MOST able to permeate your skin (DMSO penetrates faster and deeper than alcohol), but it's one of the best.

Again, according to the Medical Safety Data Sheet on Isopropyl alcohol (the alcohol sometimes used in common rubbing alcohol, and very often used in cosmetics and hair care products):

http://www.chess.cornell.edu/safety/manual/msds/srpylch.htm

That should end all argument on the topic, but it won't, of course.

#301 npetreley, Jun 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2007
  2. His Blood Spoke My Name

A certain somebody revealed his true colors by sending me a pm accusing me of being a self righteous pharisee.

As I told Him, my righteousness is in the Lord Jesus Christ... whom I serve. He is able to keep me from falling, and yes, He can keep me from falling for even a week or more... if I allow Him. If I yield to Him. If I submit to Him.

If I do this, I am able to resist any temptation the devil may throw at me.

One who is submitted to God will do the will of God,.

Many can't submit because they do not want to live by God's rules.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It certainly is not me. What I have to say to you I say in public.

4. His Blood Spoke My Name

The two pharmacists and nurse that I called... and the nurse that sfiC called revealed that the silly notion that rubbing alcohol enters the bloodstream is false. Two state licensed people who have to know chemicals, and two Registered Nurses cannot possibly be wrong on this.

Of course, some will deny it even if every pharmacist, nurse, doctor, emergency worker in the country is called. Because some will not accept truth

5. npetreley

npetreley New Member

It sure wasn't me. I said almost as much right here in this thread, so there would be no point.

6. His Blood Spoke My Name

Wrong as it is.

7. His Blood Spoke My Name

and proven wrong as well.

8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I provided links to the results of research on the topic, even though it's common knowledge among most people that alcohol easily permeates the skin.

But how can we know if you called anyone at all? We can't. That's the most lame, cowardly defense one can imagine. "I called someone." Right, like you expect me to take your word for it. You also claim to go 24 hours without sinning, and claim to use a Greek New Testament even though your quotes are from Strongs.

I provided reputable links to the information. You can, too.. Provide us with links to reputable research that shows rubbing alcohol does not get absorbed into the skin. Otherwise I have to assume you called ignorant fools, or you're simply lying about calling people.

9. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I was proven wrong about you being self-righteous? I must have missed that post.

10. His Blood Spoke My Name

I am not self righteous, I am clothed in Christ's righteousness. Your accusations are unfounded.

You, and others claim I am self righteous because I abide by rules in the Bible? It is not I who is self righteous.

11. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

And a whole team of scientists at NASA could not have possibly been wrong about launching Challenger. The best minds could not have been wrong to believe that the Wright Brothers could not build a heavier-than-air flying machine.

You place way too much stock in your logical fallacy of "Appeal to Authority"

12. His Blood Spoke My Name

You place too much stock in the false notion that beverage alcohol has a place in the life of a Christian.

13. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Can't address your fallacious argument, so you just repeat your mantra.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I more or less expected that kind of response from someone here on the board, though I didn't accuse anyone of being in a cult. I was pointing out a principle of hermeneutics, but apparently you failed to see it, and like cult members who focus in one one word with one meaning could only see that one particular word "cult" and think it applied to you. But notice, that even in this post I still didn't call you a member of a cult if you read carefully. I believe you have tunnel vision syndrome. You see what you want to see and that is all.
    I didn't call anyone a blasphemer. You can't even point to one place where I used the specific word "blasphemer" so I suggest that you retract your statement. False accusations are not permitted here.

And with that this thread has gone too far off base and for too long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.