1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is effeminacy a problem?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

These are descriptive, and probably accurate statements about Jacob....I agree with you that he was (at least in some ways) "effeminate" but I maintain they are certainly not prescriptive statements about him. Studying Jacob, he is almost comically un-likeable, and I think intentionally so. I think the LAST thing we are supposed to do is take Jacob's natural and sinful ways and emulate them....we are to emulate his unshakeable faith....and unshakeable reliance upon God for his well-being. God chose Jacob, not for who he was but in spite of who he was. If anything, I would argue that bringing up Jacob in the context of this discussion demonstrates the contrary point that to act or to be "effiminate" is un-advised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.