1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Elena Kagan A Lesbian?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Cutter, May 12, 2010.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Do you have grounds for this?

You are correct, thanks for the reminder. This is a concern.

Her vote on this issue would be no different than Justice Stephens so there is no change there.

2. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

1. She is middle aged and never married.
    2. She is rumored to have a female "partner" at Harvard.
    3. She advocates homosexual causes.
    4. She doesn't try to look very feminine.

Note that I said she is probably a lesbian. In my book that is enough grounds for "probably."

You're right about that--no change there.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that you should take your number #1 and #4 off of your list.

For pity's sake, I am 48 and have never married. Hmmm.....

I have scoured the internet to find concrete evidence of her being a lesbian. She may be one. But I can't find it. All I CAN find is that people are suspicious of her because she is middle aged and not married and she played softball in college. That collegiate picture of her is everywhere.

As for her not looking feminine - I will say that she doesn't look like a Playboy centerfold.

But she DOES wear dresses, makeup, and pearls in most all of the pictures that I see her in.

[​IMG]

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What a terrible list. How in the world can you throw it wild speculation like this? I would be ashamed to put something out this inflammatory and laden with gossip.

glad you don't get to write many books. That list is specious at best and your "read" is hypocritical.

5. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

And the right wing smear campaign begins......

6. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Those of you who are castigating me for using stereotypes, I will post here in a year or so to tell you about Justice Kagan's first pro-homos**ual vote on the Court. I will also remind you of this thread when I do it. I realize none of those stereotypes prove she is a lesbian (just like being brown in Arizona doesn't prove you are an illegal), but the more of these characteristics you have the greater the probability that she is. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, etc. And I really wouldn’t mind if she was a lesbian if she were a social conservative and kept her s*xual preference to herself. But she is not a social conservative and I doubt that her s*xual orientation will be secret much longer either.

It’s too bad that political correctness not only rules in this country, it also appears to rule here on the BB. If we weren’t so burdened by political correctness, radical Islam would not exit in this country and illegal aliens would be virtually nonexistent. We didn’t have political correctness in WWII and, while the internment camps are regarded as anathema today, we did not have one single instance of domestic terrorism by the Japanese during the entire war. Without the camps, I doubt that would have been the case.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So where else have you seen this?

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If She Walks Like A duck...

.... and quacks like a duck.... and looks like a duck.... I'll take the "Fifth", but in my mind I may think that she is a DUCK :laugh:

However, if she's a duck, that is not a problem with the general public, who believe there is nothing wrong with ducks.

I have only one concern... and that is that as a duck, she lacks any bona-fide experience as a sitting judge. And, for me, that is what this job is all about... sitting for the remainder of her life as a judge. A Supreme Court Judge! And, I would think we'd be more concerned about her experience to judge, and not whether, or not her gender preference, because our society holds very little against being like-gendered.

Although, I do see Cutter's point.

So, if she's a duck, then she's a duck, and as I said earlier, no one who has the power to place her on the SC cares about what any of us think. :sleep:

Think.... health-care bill :laugh:

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thanks for responding so clearly Scarlett. She may not be my choice for the new justice, but lets stick to real reasons and not rumour, conjecture, and prejudice.