1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

is every sin really under the blood?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by deacon jd, Sep 15, 2006.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I know I am a child of God because Jesus saved me.

I do not need chastisement if I sin. The prodding of the Holy Spirit is quite sufficient.

Chastisment is for people who willfully continue in their sin and then I beleive the chastisment is in the spiritual realm and not the physical.

When I sin, I repent and ask forgiveness and that sin is COVERED BY THE BLOOD.

The same prescious blood that saved me in the first place...

2. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth(Heb12:6) I don't know about you but "scourgeth" sounds physical to me. Would you rather have spiritual chastisement or physical chastisement? I have been chastened physically and spiritually at the same time before. It seems that you have a personal problem with chastisement,and I don't know why.Consider the following passage (1 Cor 5:5) To deliver such a one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. We can't pick our punishment God chastens us exactly as he sees best. The role of the Holy Ghost is to guide is in all truth, and teach us, and convict us of sin. He will do all that he can to keep us from sinning, but if we go ahead and sin then we are in the hands of a loving Heavenly Father who will surely chasten us.

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Or forgive us if we repent...

4. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

and forgive us when we repent.

5. prayerwarrior

prayerwarrior New Member

The GOOD NEWS is :
    JESUS PAID THAT PRICE ON THE CROSS :jesus: :thumbsup:

6. ituttut

ituttut New Member

I don't believe you understand what I am saying. We must determine if the blood that Jesus Christ shed at the Cross is powerful enough to save on the first go a round. I say yes. And it is powerful enough to take care of every sin committed from the beginning to the end. We are accepted in the beloved, redeemed in His Blood, and by the Grace of God our sins are forgiven - Ephesians 1:6-7.

He died once for us, taking our sins upon Himself, and now we say we must go back to that Cross every time we that are dead to sin, sin?

God our Father smelled that "sweet savour" of the "burnt offering" at the Cross. Our salvation is not conditional as was Israel's. When Israel shed the blood of animals (and was obeying God, or being good), and made burnt sacrifice, it was a "sweet savour" to God. They had to keep on doing this, after Pentecost, and those of the "circumcised gospel", continued to do so even after Damascus Road. Those that looked for the "kingdom to come", and not the rapture continued this practice for their gospel demanded it. Jesus Christ is our offering, our burnt offering - Ephesians 5:2. This is the reason in this dispensation we are the only one's from the beginning that are not required to offer blood sacrifices to Our God.

Of course we will be chastised if we sin, but we in the Body of Christ will turn again (repent) in our sorrow to Him. If we sin, and keep on sinning, it is like stubbing our toe. Every time we "stub" that toe the pain and damage is worsened. So we are to quit it, returning to His will.

I believe you misunderstand your salvation. You will never be perfect, and it is He that has excused we in His Body of our sins.

7. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Prayerwarrior preaches the "good news" gospel of "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and we will be saved".