1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is everything that happens God's will?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Terry_Herrington, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Getting back to the theme -- npetreley is right on target . Please answer this : Since Christ gave his life as a ransom for many -- how can you bend , fold , spin and mutilate that to mean each and every person who ever lived , past , present and future ? Christ only died for , in the place of his own -- the sheep , His bride , the church , His friends , the saints . Many many more names for His elect ones are given in Scripture . Only those whose names which were recorded in the Book of Life long before the world was created are the ones for whom He died .

He decided beforehand who were the ones to be moulded to the pattern of his Son , so that he should be the eldest of many brothers ;it was those so destined that he called ; those that he called , he justified , and those that he has justified he has brought into glory . (Romans 8:29-30 )

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

This is a nice poem. Thank you for sharing it!

3. standingfirminChrist

You're welcome, Brother.

4. standingfirminChrist

Rippon,

How do you know that you are one of the elect, if that is the case? And what do you do with John's Epistle that says Christ died for the sins of the 'whole world'? Whole means entire or all.

Greek word for whole:

#64 standingfirminChrist, Jun 19, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being one of God's elect is the same as being a Christian . I put my faith fully on Christ and His completed work . He bore all my sins on Golgotha . I had no hope in myself . If you are a believer in Christ -- you are elect .

The Bible says to examine yourself to see if indeed you are elect . I recommend that examination . In 1 John the Apostle tells the saints over and over that " these things I write unto you " in order to confirm their union with the Lord .

The whole world --Christ did not die only for some among the Hebrews , but from among many tribes , and languages -- His blood bought and secured their salvation . I think it's time for a Praise The LORD !

6. standingfirminChrist

Haven't seen that verse. My Bible says Examine yourselves whether you be in the faith...

7. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Peter 1:10

8. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, God authored sin ?

So, if I barf, God decreed it should happen ? If my wife cuts her fingernails too deeply, God decreed it should happen ? If one commits adultery, incest, murder, becomes homosexual, robs somebody, God decreed that this should happen, even to those who are not His people ?

The policeman who stopped an unbadged Georgia representative from bypassing the metal detector and got punched in the chest, God decreed it should happen to both ?

The all black (maybe) grand jury that said the "honorable" representative from Georgia should not be indicted, God decreed that it should happen ?

I play megamillions despite me not supposed to gamble and I win, God decreed it should happen ? (you think I should give my offerings if this happens and if I don't, God decreed that it should happen ?)

if the North Korean president fires one missile at the US, God decreed that it should happen ?

The Vietnam war, God decreed it should happen ?

I hold to the Doctrine of Grace, and agree that God is in absolute control of everything, but I do not believe he decreed that every single thing happening to every one of His creation, sin included, is His decree.

That makes Him, inescapably under that theology, the author of sin, which He is not.

His control perhaps would be the example in Abram and Abimelech's lives. He prevented Abimelech from sinning against Him by taking Sarai to bed with him.

In like manner, He controls humankind's propensity to sin and thus unavoidably destroy itself beyond His decreed time for such destruction.

9. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    read further

He was referring to 2 Peter 1:10 which says:

.....which from one electionist (Peter) to another (the ones he wrote to) means about the same thing as Paul's 'whether you be in the faith...'

10. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ain't cross eyed on this one, yo. with you.