1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Ezekiel 13:18-20 against the Rapture?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Friend of God, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A friend of mine told me today that last sunday his Pastor preached on Ezeliel 13:18-20 and said that it speaks against the Rapture. His Pastor claims that it speaks against people "flying away like birds."

[QUOTE](19) And you will pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies? {KJV] [/quote]

I would be interested on your views about this interpretation of these particular Scriptures.

#1 Friend of God, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2009
  2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What part speaks against the rapture?

3. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to my friend where the souls fly in the air, and the LORD will prevent this from happening and letting some people live who should've died. I don't know if his Pastor somehow equates this with believers meeting the Lord in the air or not.

I really don't see the connection either, I just thought someone might see something that I was missing. To me his Pastor's interpretation doesn't make any sense at all.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Considering it's speaking of false prophetesses, it's a reach (to say the least) that it is speaking of the rapture.

Some will try to make the Bible say whatever they want to, I guess.

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

He's definitely twisting the Scriptures to make a point.

And this should probably be in the 'Bible study discussion' forum.

6. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

Read in context, It's about false prophets and a false sense of security.

7. RustySword

RustySword Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is NO WAY this could have anything to do with the rapture - pro or con. It is speaking against false prophetesses and some sort of garment, or jewelry, that they puts on people to ensnare them like birds.

The only reason why this may possibly have anything to do with Bible translations is that if you read this passage in other translations, you may find it to be clearer than in the KJV.

And lest you think that I'm slamming the KJV in any way, I'm not. It IS the translation I read them most.