1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Faith a "WORK" even if its effectually produced?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, May 11, 2011.

1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

So, why do you suppose so many Calvinists do make this accusation?

2. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Grace

We are saved by grace, because the wages of our sin is death, not belief, not faith, not trust. Only men try to make faith a work. To pay your debt is to die, that is the only work you can do, so you are going to have to trust in Jesus and His word. That is what faith teaches us through the words of Jesus and life of Jesus. That those who trust in Him will not be put to shame or disappointed. What a promise! Trusting in Jesus is not work, but when we trust in Jesus we do as David say's.

Psalm 73:
    28 But it is good for me to draw near to God;
    I have put my trust in the Lord GOD,
    That I may declare all Your works.

#42 psalms109:31, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2011
  3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk:

He doesn't, He gives the regenerate Faith. Its the Regenerated man or person who believes God. If a man or women has not been given New Birth, they have no Faith in regards to Salvation. Faith is the product of a lively Hope, by being begotten. 1 Pet 1:3

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This Lively Hope is the Hope of Faith where the definition is Heb 11:1

1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

So Faith is by the resurrection of Christ from the dead. Its begotten through the New Birth.