1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is faithfully following the Darbyist forms of Hyper-Dispensationalism…

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Benjamin, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    …the Method that we use to Properly Divide our Baptist Denomination from the Catholics and the other Heretics? I never knew this!

SO seems to be we’re being told here to be a Baptist we must learn and obey this pharisaical given correctness of following and believing the Darbyist hyper-Dispensational methods of interpreting and dividing the Word in this system that came to light in the last couple of hundred years and to “properly” separate and fit this doctrine in order to be Baptist. Otherwise we are “Replacers, heretics, anti-Semitic, and followers of the Catholic Church!

WELL, NO THANKS! I’ll rather let the Bible be my final authority and think of the Darbyist clans as heretics concerning this matter if I must!

And oh well, considering who must be on this newly prescribed list of non-Baptist heretics according to the information I’ve gathered here in the last couple days as to who is a HERETICAL REPLACER, (anyone who disagrees on their definition of Church) I won’t feel too bad.

Really… the behaviors, labels, and accusations from those (including moderator) on this board that so proudly hold to their dispensational beliefs by these methods of defense are shameful and Pharisaical! IMO

#1 Benjamin, Sep 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2007
  2. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

While you might or might not have a legitimate beef with moderators or administrators abusing their authority or whatever, WHO POSTED that in order to be Baptist a person must be a "Darbyist" and "hyper-Dispensationalist"? As well who posted that if a person isn't a "Darbyist" or "hyper-Dispensationalist" they are "Replacers, heretics, anti-Semetic, and followers of the Catholic Church"?

It might be your have drawn this inference but you have turned what you believe is an inference into a charge and so you are obligated to provide a clear and concise quote demonstrating directly these charges. I would be shocked to see such a charged true, particularly from a moderator. But my ears are always open.

3. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=43319

4. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Here are some quotes from that thread, several by the moderator:

Those who disregard God's eternal promises and covenants to Israel and say that those promises and covenants have been transferred to the Church are making God a liar.

Replacement Theology is heresy. In fact it is an anti-semitic heresy. I tend to attack the heresy itself not the person. I have said many times that this is an anti-semitic heresy.

Briefly--the statements made in this post are extremely anti-semetic.

I learned that a true born again Christian Gentile loves the Jews and Israel.

What a hypocritical postion you have. It shows your anti-semitism.(that for quoting Matt 23.)

Give me a break! How anti-semitic can one get.

So then all Israel shall be saved," and say that promise is not pertaining to the nation of Israel, but rather to the church. And all such promises pertaining to Israel pertain to the church instead. Israel is out of the picture now. That is replacement theology--an anti-semitic heresy.

Do you not recognize even the land and the name "Israel" that was given them by the UN in 1948 as a nation. Replacement Theology doesn't even recognize this, just as Islam doesn't. IMO, those who believe this heresy may as well turn to Islam. It is that anti-semitic and heretical.

5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

:rolleyes:

Now Alex,

I happen to agree with J.D.’s opinion, and it is my opinion that this pejorative label is in fact being used in defense with accusations toward anyone who disagrees with the dispensational distinctions of the church! You are now welcome to do your own home work and come to your own opinions.

AMEN

#5 Benjamin, Sep 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2007
  6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are entitled to your opinions. Attacks on any of the moderators are not tolerated. If you have such complaints please contact the administration and refrain from airing such in public.
    You might do well to re-read the rules by which you agreed to when you registered here. You can fnd a link to them on the bottom of every page.

As for some of your false accusations, let me address them. I have never once attacked "covenant theology." In fact I clarified that there was a difference between covenant theology and Replacement Theology--a big difference. If you like I will assume you to be a Catholic because Catholics are covenant theologians. This is what you are doing--lumping everyone in the same boat. Shall I do the same thing? Covenant theology comes in many forms, not just your particular brand of it. The covenant theology of the Catholic Church is heresy, and if Replacement Theology is covenant theology as well then it also is heresy. I suggest you take the phrase "Replacement Theology" put it into a search engine, and see what you end up with. You might learn something.

Not only are there different brands of covenant theologies, there are different brands of dispensationalists. So don't go and lump us all into the same boat either. There is a man here who is the head of a cult. He believes that he is one of the two witnesses of Revelation, but he is a dispensationalist. Are you going to lump me in the same boat as he is?? I hope not.

As far as J.D.'s assessment:

It is false. It is not a pejorative label for Covenant Theology. That is a false accusation. As I mentioned, Catholics have covenant theology. So what kind of covenant theology is he referring to? Replacement theology is not just covenant theology it is far more than that. It is an anti-semitic ideology.
    It would do you well to do some study on the subject before you spout off in public.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, DHK, for illustrating just what Benjamin was saying in the OP!

8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I'm not a dispensationalist, but I believe replacement theology is abhorrent. Just my $2 (2 cents, adjusted for inflation).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.