1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Foley A Perverted Pedophile/gay ?

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by pinoybaptist, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

Oh, please. Those 20 year old incidents are not anywhere close to being similar. Talk about shamelessly politicizing an issue! In those previous two cases, one involving a woman and one involving a man, the pages were consenting adults. Granted, IMHO, they should have resigned as a result of their disgusting behavior, but in neither case was a crime committed. The pages involved with Foley were under age, and the Republican leadership knew about it, winked at it and told Congressman Foley to stop messing around with congressional pages. To even bring up those other two cases is nothing more than a diversionary tactic.

Keep defending and making excuses for those hypocritical liars. Keep voting for them, as they continue to lie and tell you they are going to eliminate abortion and protect family values. You will continue to get plenty of this from the people you put in office.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Because investigations at this level is code for lift corner of rug and start sweeping..

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

See the following: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_Page_sex_scandal

17 year olds as consenting adults? Pages are high school students and must be of that age to serve.

If one is straining to look for a difference, Foley has not been alleged to have actually physically harmed the children, whereas the contact in the 80s incidents was indeed physical. Doesn't make Foley less guilty, though.

#23 TomVols, Oct 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2006
  4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Who? Foley? Perhaps ... though I am not sure what the laws are in that jurisdiction. So I hesitate to comment on that. My point about the investigation had to do with Hastert and the leadership.

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

You said But the Republicans were trying to keep it under wraps to save their image and the upcoming elections.

The truth is that you don't know why they did what they did, whether or not there was more to respond to. So you should not say why they did something.

So a family's right to privacy doesn't matter? Many times victims of sexual harassment don't come forward because of hte publicity. In this case, it appears the family said, "We don't want to pursue this, but be aware of it." And that is where they wanted it to end ... right or wrong.

As for the other pages, why didn't they come forward earlier? Perhaps they did, and we didn't know about it.

Which goes back to my previous point. Let's wait until we know what happened. Let the investigation run its course.

Apparently, the news media knew about this in August, and chose to save it until the first week of October. That smells fishy to me.

If Hastert and the leadership knew more and covered it up, then they should resign. But let's wait and see what the facts are.

#25 Pastor Larry, Oct 4, 2006
  6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Just saw this:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15126151/

Maybe we should all be thrilled that so far Mark Foley is only shown to be a drunken 'wannabe' pedophile. :rolleyes:

This is worse than :tear: at best.

Ed

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning

As this thread is on its third page, I am issueing the six hour Warning.

No Earlier Than 430p ET, one of the Moderators will close this thread.

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

As to any coverup, I agree! Bring on the tar and feathers, and I'll cut a new pole on the farm! Preferably I'll find one covered in Poison Ivy!

Ed

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Can this thread be moved to the 'politics' section, to avoid premature closing per BB rules?? How about it either C4K or Lady Eagle, since you two happen to be moderators in both forums?

Just wonderin'.

Ed

#29 EdSutton, Oct 4, 2006
  10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Democrats are such hypocrites.

They don't seem to mind the sex scandals of their own party members, or even other criminal behavior for that matter.

11. Daisy

Daisy New Member

If what you said were true, then where would the hypocrisy lie - with those who don't "seem" to mind it or with those who preach against while doing it?

Of course, as what you said is not true, it's pretty clear where the hypocrisy lies (hint: mirror).

12. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Wow, that broad brush sure gets a workout by the theocons around here.

13. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Yeah, blaming the entire Democratic Party:

Preaching, but not practicing....hmmmm

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But it is true and ridiculously easy to prove.

Hint:

Barney Franks, Gerry Studds, Mel Reynolds

15. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Incredible! Fox 'news' Labels Foley As Dem During O'reilly Factor!

Oh look, FOX news, you know the "Fair and Balanced" ones.. They have figured out how to SPIN the Foley news against the Democrats...

STORY LINK

<SNIP>
    Just amazing. Fox's O'Reilly Factor just covered the Mark Foley (R-FL) issue in two different segments, one of them with a page who says he received communications from Foley, and another with Ann Coulter.

Never mind the content of either segment for now. Incredibly, during a total of three different cutaways to video footage of Foley, he was labelled at the bottom of the screen eachtime as "(D-FL)" !

Three different times. In two different segements. Each cutaway about 15 seconds or more. Showing Foley as a DEMOCRAT. Amazing.
    </SNIP>

Well, if you can't win, you can always spin....

Jamie

16. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You're right, Daisy. The entire party is not doing so. However, contextually I was referring to those in leadership, those on the campaign trail and the talking head circuit (and to a lesser extent, the lemmings on this board who mindlessly parrot their party's talking points). The average Democrat who is thoughtful enough to think for themselves have probably not jumped to the conclusions that the above have, just as the thoughtful on the GOP side have not blindly pledged allegiance to the party line despite the potential misdeeds of their leadership in the handling and/or alleged cover-up. I've yet to hear or read a Dem who hasn't seized the opportunity to attack the GOP instead of focusing on Foley.

I'm reminded of a cartoon that appeared last week in the Columbus Post-Dispatch, reprinted in USA Today. Each party's mascot, dressed in a suit, was holding a book called "campaign playbook." Both were pointing at the other and shouting "It's YOUR Fault." Sad, but true to life, isn't it?

Thank you for the opprtunity to clarify :)

By the way, the first Dem ad rolled onto air today attacking a GOP candidate for Foley's behavior. I forgot the district and state, but I'm sure many more will follow if the ad plays well. The GOP can't really air anything to attack back on this issue, so the GOP is going to take some body blows over this.

17. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Is Barney Franks a fair comparison to Foley?

18. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Fox must be trying to help the guy out. You know he ain't going to have any defenders unless he is a DEMOCRAT. :laugh:

19. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Is prostitution legal?

20. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Jamie, I wouldn't call that spin. Words/phrases like "Typo" or "bald faced-lie" come to mind :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.