1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Foley A Perverted Pedophile/gay ?

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by pinoybaptist, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I too would call it a Typo, if they had tried to fixed their mistake by saying they made one.

I haven't seen where they have said they made a typo/mistake. I have emailed them, I'll let you know if they email back.. but I wouldn't hold your breathe.

Jamie

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Yeah, that's it.. When nothing else to say, slam a Democrat.

Great style.

Jamie

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Ah, I forgot about that.
    I'd still maintain that there's a difference between a crime against a child and hiring a prostitute and then him running a prostitution business out of your home (Though Frank denied any knowledge of such), but I see your point and it's well taken.

Speaking of consistency, Gingrich was outspoken against the GOP Rep and the Dem Rep who were guilty of sexual misdeeds with minors. Has Gingrich spoken publicly about this matter? I guess it's water under the bridge since Foley resigned, but I'm just curious. I'm not going to spend too many brain cells worrying about it :laugh:

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely!

But not because he's a homosexual.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well, to be fair, a lot of Dems on here slam Republicans as a default response. I wish the board copyright rules would allow me to post a scan of that cartoon from the Columbus Post-Dispatch. Not that anyone would be fazed by it :)

6. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Try not to be so sensitive.

I think Mark Foley should go to prison for life.
    I think that if ANY Republican was aware of the extent of the vile communications, and kept a lid on it, they should resign in shame.

Feel better now?

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe you're splitting hairs.

Did democrat leadership demand Barney resign?

And then there's good ol' Mel Reynolds...

"... former Chicago Democratic Congressman Mel Reynolds received a commutation of his six-and-a-half-year federal sentence for 15 convictions of wire fraud, bank fraud and lies to the Federal Election Commission. He also was convicted of having sex with an underage campaign volunteer. But Jesse Jackson added Reynolds to Rainbow/PUSH Coalition's payroll.

Moreover, Reynolds was among the 176 criminals excused in President Clinton's last-minute pardon spree.

As Deroy Murdock, a columnist for Scripps Howard News Service, wrote back in 2002: "This is a first in American politics: An ex-congressman who had sex with a subordinate, won clemency from a president who had sex with a subordinate, then was hired by a clergyman who had sex with a subordinate. His new job? ... Youth counselor."

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

It's not called being sensitive... it's called being fair. I would expect the book at be thrown at ANYONE that endangers a child. That is why we have laws to protect them.

However, in your OP, you only seem to want to joke about it and run over the Democrats. I didn't think that was called for in this case. This case should be more about the child and their protection than Democrats and Republicans.

And yes, by the way, I do feel better now. ;)

Jamie

9. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

True, but that doesn't make it right.

Jamie

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Probably. I didn't say I thought prostitution was hunky-dory. But it's a notch below a sexual crime against a child in my book. It's still unacceptible behavior. Just my opinion.
    I don't recall, but I'd guess not, since Congress has proven itself to have no moral fortitude on this issue in the past 25 years. You'd think that sacrificing Frank would've been safe because Mass would elect another Dem, but Frank is one of the bastions of the left-wing faction of the party, so maybe the Dem leadership wanted to protect him for that reason.

11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Didn't say it did. :) It's just like breathing, though. Happens involuntarily, unfortunately.

12. North Carolina Tentmaker

I was unaware of the earlier scandle with the pages. The entire story from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congres...ge_sex_scandal

Does anyone else find it comical that a guy named Studds molested a male page? I think the fact that no physical relationship (that we know of so far) existed in the Foley case makes it a much more minor offense. What I found incredible was that Studds was reelected after they were censured. Who in their right mind would vote for him?

There is a double standard here. Foley resigned, Crane lost his reelection bid, and Studds continued to serve in the house until he decided to retire. IMHO when the republicans get caught doing something reprehensible, they resign, when democrats get caught they spin. Is that because democrats are more lenient of moral failures or because they have the courage to fight for their political agenda?

13. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Yeah, I guess it's only a minor offense when the IM's seem to show him having Cybersex with the teen.

Please see the Blotter article New Foley Instant Messages; Had Internet Sex While Awaiting House Vote
    the blogs section of abcnews.com

Since it's not physical, and only on the Internet, I am sure his next step won't going to be to meet the kid in person.

I am sure glad it's just a "minor offense".

What you or anyone say if this had been some kid you knew? Of had happened in your neighborhood?

I have said this before, and I'll say it again, it doesn't matter that he is a Republican or Democrat. He is bad and should have been arrested by now. Let him have his day in court. Had this been an average "joe" he would have been arrested and taken away by now.

Jamie

#53 JamieinNH, Oct 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2006
  14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    edited to remove direct link to the blog in accordance with Board policy

what you overlooked in your response is that this is "minor" compared to the actuall physical contact made by others who are still in office, and democrat by the way.

#54 Revmitchell, Oct 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2006
  15. Blammo

Blammo New Member

I'm usually with ya, Rev. However, I can't stand with you in trying to minimize what Foley did. Foley is no better than Studds. Have you not heard of his attempts to arrange get togethers with these kids? My son turns 16 this month. Do you think it would make a difference to me if a pervert like Foley only violated my son with words?

I agree with you as far as the double standard.

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not minimizing anything. Foley should go down. He cant be trusted in any situation. But words and physical contact are different. And the bottom line is the dems give a pass to one of their own who actually raped a child and use Foley to gain political power.

Not surprising though.

17. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Oh my! Are you accusing Studds of raping a child or are you referring to someone else?

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sexual relations with a minor is statuatory rape.

19. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread Closed

As it is past 430p Eastern this thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.