1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God Male or Female?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Martin, Jun 18, 2005.

1. OCC

OCC Guest

Icthus, I mean exactly what I said. You are an intelligent person. I never said I agreed with that poster...I only said "care to back up your charge"? You said it was nonsense and did not even list ONE reason. Anyone can say whatever they want and not back it up. Back it up is all I'm saying.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes.
    I personally don't believe that reason defines the exception because so did the male prophets speak "on behalf of God".
    But you are the one who brought the subject up in a previous note in which you said:
    all I did was challenge your claim (after all, this is a DEBATE forum).

HankD

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    King James said the following to Icthus concerning one of my posts which he opposed:
    Icthus misinterpreted what I was saying and I corrected him (granted, I got a little "hot under the collar"), I'm sorry Icthus.

HankD

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Well, I guess it's a semantics thing. When you say that someone is not equal to someone else, I interpret that as meaning they have less value.

I think you are meaning that women are not equal because of the roles God has created for us. I guess the term "not equal" can mean many things depending on what the person is saying.

I just wouldn't use that term. I might say that men and women do not have the same roles and that men have spiritual authority in the church and family, but I would still not say "not equal" because that implies less value to many people. I think that was the problem in our communication. Thanks for clearing it up. [​IMG]