1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is God the Author of Evil?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Crabtownboy, Oct 25, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

ts

Then where is the verse ?

2. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Look at my previous post. Do you see scripture verses posted by me to support my view? I posted 3. Do you not read? Would you like to re-consider your accusation?

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

ts

I have, I did not see any verse stating this:

Now I have provided one that states this Isa 45:7

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

4. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are being ridiculous because you want to accept a imperfect translation for the word Ra' in the context of Isaiah you build a whole faulty theology propegating an error. And My verses don't have to say God didn't create evil it is enough to say he doesn't sin which they do say. God cannot create evil then be considered not to sin. You are very very wrong in your hypothesis. Do you believe that the sky is made out of metal? After all in Genesis it says
    The word firmament is translated from the hebrew word raqiya` which means a solid extended surface which is litterally translated "making a dish by hammering thin a lump of metal". So using your same approach to the word evil you must also believe the sky is a solid metal dome.

If you don't believe that why don't you? Thats what the bible says.

5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

SBM has a "seared conscience" as in 1 Tim. 4:1-2 and to argue with him is a complete waste of time. He is simply a dishonest person and willfully so.

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

ts
    You just reject Truth. You still have not showed one verse that states what you have falsely stated:

You have no scripture support for your falsehood. Now here is my scripture support Isa 45:7

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

God Created all Evil, it all works for His Purpose !

Job recognized that ! Job 2:10

But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

Job here was speaking of the evil of the men that stole from him and murdered his servants !

This was moral and ethical evil by these mean men Job 1:14-15

14 And there came a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses feeding beside them:

15 And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

Sure, it was the sabeans that did the evil, however it was God that caused it, and Job being the God Fearing Man that he was, seen beyond the secondary causes, the sabeans and attributed the moral evil of theirs towards him as coming from the Hand of God !

Only True God Fearers understand this !

This very story of Job is one of the reasons why God Created Evil, moral Evil in His World !

7. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So you believe God made a metal dome over the earth? You must if you believe God creates sin, immorality and evil in that sense rather than calamity.

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

This is What I believe:

Isa 45:7

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: the Lord do all these things.

God Created all Evil, it all works for His Purpose !

Job recognized that ! Job 2:10

But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

Job here was speaking of the evil of the men that stole from him and murdered his servants !

This was moral and ethical evil by these mean men Job 1:14-15

14 And there came a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses feeding beside them:

15 And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

Sure, it was the sabeans that did the evil, however it was God that caused it, and Job being the God Fearing Man that he was, seen beyond the secondary causes, the sabeans and attributed the moral evil of theirs towards him as coming from the Hand of God !

Only True God Fearers understand this !

This very story of Job is one of the reasons why God Created Evil, moral Evil in His World !

9. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    all you've shown is the different ways the word "evil" can be used in the bible. It doesn't prove that every way the word "evil" can be defined is always meant in all passages. Evil in the passage of Isaiah is specific to calamity not to morality. You still haven't answered the question do you believe God made a metal dome over the earth?

10. billwald

billwald New Member

Truman admitted "the buck" stopped with him. Some of you saying "the buck" doesn't stop with God?

Why do you hold Obama to higher standards than you hold God?

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

ts

I know what I have done. However you have failed to show the veracity of the false statement you made :

Scripture, the Word of God says Isa 45:7

12. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God doesn't create evil in the sense of Morality. He creates evil in the sense of calamity. If you can't understand the difference then you can't understand what it is you read. I hold to my statement God doesn't create evil. The scripture you use which says he does only suggest he creates calamity. because the word evil is used doesn't imply its moral use. Therefore your endless quoting of the same verse in not only taking it out of context but also misleading to the point that your same argument argues for a metal dome above the earth. But you fail to understand tranlating words from its hebrew and contextual analysis. So all you will do is repeat again and again and make God out to be evil and you would be wrong. And since you don't want to understand because you want have an evil God. I will leave the readers with the most anti-catholic website posting about this subject matter of God creating evil

#32 Thinkingstuff, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
  13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

ts

What verse says that ? Please provide the verse that states:

Isa 45:7

14. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

15. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    it is right here: "15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin"

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

ts

It does not matter, the word God used there is ra, and the word means more than natural disaters, the context is merely an opportunity for God to tell us that He Creates Evil !

We have no right to limit evil to natural disasters as we do to limit peace to national peace. God Creates all Peace, that is taught there to.

Moral Evil finds it source in mans flesh:

Gal 5:9

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Who Created mans evil flesh ? Satan did not, for he cannot create.

All your rationalizations are meaningless, The Word of Truth stands Isa 45:7

17. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It does matter: "15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin"

18. billwald

billwald New Member

You all hold Obama to a higher standard than you hold God?

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

ts

No it does not. Isa 45:7

20. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Job 14:4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.

If the clean thing (sinlessness) cannot originate from an unclean (sinful) source than how can the unclean (sin) originate from a clean (holy God) source without at the very same time also first defiling that source?

James 1:13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
    14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
    15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
    16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
    17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

God is not the source of temptation to sin (v. 13) and neither is God the source of sin (v. 17) and James is explicitly defining where the source of sin originates and where it does not originate. DO NOT ERR is his warning and you have erred.

God does regulate evil consequences (Psa. 76:10; Isa. 45:7) and in that sense is the immediate source in direct contact with his creatures but He is not the ultimate cause of evil. Instead he "works all things" ultimately for good:

Ge 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Ps 76:10 Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain.

Why restrain the "remainder of wrath" if God is the source of it? Wouldn't that be God ordaining evil that he never designed to allow?????