1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God's grace a free gift to Calvinist

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by romanbear, Feb 26, 2003.

1. sturgman

sturgman New Member

Oh, that is a great defence, just act like your a martyr then you must be correct right? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

2. romanbear

romanbear New Member

Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Romanbear,

1. You are misusing Scripture. The verses concerning ridicule do not apply to your situation. That is an abuse of the text. Please cease.

2. There were no personal attacks. You have been repeatedly ask to use your space bar between sentences to make your posts easier to read and to make paragraphs out of your posts. Please do that for the sake of everyone here.

3. You have again questioned the salvation of those who disagree with you, telling them to let down the denial and let Jesus come into their heart. That is totally uncalled for and you have been repeatedly warned about that. Please cease and abide by the rules of the forum.

No one here is attacking you.

Now, let's focus on the topic at hand and get off the silly sentimental stuff.

4. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

What I said is not false. You refuse to use your enter key on your keyboard to make your posts more readable.

Conclusions about why you do this can be either true or false.

I'll make it easy for you.

Pick One reason why you won't comply with our simple request.

A. I'm stupid
    B. I'm stubborn
    C. I don't have to read my own posts so it's not important
    D. I really don't care about the feelings of others.
    E. I don't get it. What are you talking about?
    F. I like to goad my opponents in any way I can.
    G. I think it's great when Arminians behave this way.
    H. I'm retired and don't want to waste the energy.
    I. The enter key is a Calvinistic Plot
    J. I'm giving it up for Lent - and practicing.

You may have a better reason. State it and get on with the show! :rolleyes:

5. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Romanbear is right, you are persecuting him and reviling him. You are making light of his understanding. So, I beseech you to refrain from your attitudes of superior understanding, and superior intellect, conditions which you do not possess!
    _______

It is unnecessary and out of line to invoke the name of Jesus in this type of post.

[ February 27, 2003, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Pastor Larry ]

6. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Romanbear is wrong. He is not being persecuted and reviled. This is a discussion forum and people who are not willing to discuss and abide by the rules need to stay out. Being questioned about your beliefs does not qualify for being persecuted and reviled. Failing to do simple things like hit the enter key does not either.

Romanbear is lookign for special treatment. If he wants to avoid things like this, then all he has to do is hit the enter key. The suggestions have been made kindly and have been ignored, for some reason.

Get over it and participate in teh discussion. THere should be no further discussion of off topic issues. Romanbear, start using the enter key to insert some paragraphs and make your posts easier to read. I will not babysit you guys. Participate or stay out.

7. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

So are you suggesting you have superior understanding and superior intellect since you are saying we don't?? Or are you saying we are equal?

8. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

So are you suggesting you have superior understanding and superior intellect since you are saying we don't?? Or are you saying we are equal? </font>[/QUOTE]In God's eyes, we are equals! And that is my position too! None of us is better or worse than any others, but the ATTITUDES displayed on this BBS are certainly attitudes of superiority, one over another.

9. rufus

rufus New Member

Ephesians 2: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The Holy Bible : King James Version. 1995 . Logos Research Systems, Inc.: Oak Harbor, WA

In verse 8 the words "grace" and "faith" are feminine nouns. "Saved" is a perfect passive participle. [You have been once for all saved by grace through faith].

The word "gift" is masculine neuter. Therefore the masculine "gift" encompasses both "grace" and "faith" or "salvation."

Grace and faith is God's gift. The WHOLE of salvation is God's gift.

rufus [​IMG]

10. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Problems with moderating should be addressed to the moderator personally. Please use the PM function.

[ February 27, 2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Pastor Larry ]

11. romanbear

romanbear New Member

Larry;
    A quote from you;
    --------------------------------------------------
    Romanbear is lookign for special treatment. If he wants to avoid things like this, then all he has to do is hit the enter key. The suggestions have been made kindly and have been ignored, for some reason.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Excuse me;
    Talk about judging your fellow Christian unfairly

Romanbear

You're excused. I am not judging you unfairly. I have received a number of moderator alerts from you, wanting me to edit things you don't like. I will edit personal attacks and inappropriate use of language. I will not edit to appease people. Please participate in teh forum if you wish. When there are personal attacks, I will edit them.

Looking on the bright side, at least I am your "fellow Christian" now ... after you previously said people like me need to get saved. I am moving up in the world [​IMG] :D

[ February 27, 2003, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Pastor Larry ]

12. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Masculine neuter? Ouch! ;)

13. npetreley

npetreley New Member

By the way, the word for "gift" is neuter. I'm not sure what you're saying with the "masculine" thing.

14. romanbear

romanbear New Member

Romanbear,

I am going to save you here: Greek words have gender. They are either masculine, feminine, or neuter. Rufus said that the word was masculine. Npetreley corrected him saying that it is neuter. It is in fact neuter. Now what a "masculine neuter" is, I have no idea. I think it is officially designated as a "typo" or an "error;" some call it a "mistake."

This gender plays a role in grammar and particularly in understanding which modifiers go with what word. It is not foolproof and it is certainly different from English. Knowing the Greek is helpful.

[ February 27, 2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Pastor Larry ]

15. romanbear

romanbear New Member

Hi Larry;
    a quote from you;
    ------------------------------------------

I think it is officially designated as a "typo" or an "error;" some call it a "mistake."

--------------------------------------------

My reply;

Then if you are fair you will correct them. Like you do me. Unfairly I might add.

You said in an earlier post;

--------------------------------------------

Romanbear is lookign for special treatment.

----------------------------------------------
    My reple

Aren't you doling out special treatment? to the ones who agree with you.

I would also like to know why you deleted my post .Was it not a correction that you let them do to me. By the way this is here because you won't answer my emails

Romanbear

16. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

No Romanbear,
    This is a Calvinist Bulletin board, and no matter how great the evidence against Calvinism, the Calvinists still win because it is their board.

The sorry attitude of some is unfortunate. I have been very lenient with the posts of many. There is a long standing board policy that the decisions of moderators are not to be questioned publicly. You have seen this previously I am sure but have chosen here to ignore it while posting something that is patently untrue.

There has not been one time that I have edited a post becuase I disagree with its content. I have let your posts stand. You have posted some of the worst theology I have ever seen, but because this is a discussion board, I allow it to be posted. I edit only for demeanor and topically unrelated posts. Your arguments against Calvinism are allowed to stand on their own, for better or worse.

Frankly, I am quite tired of the whining and complaining. This is a discussion board and ideas and posts are replied to and discussed. If you cannot handle it, then do not participate. If you do not want your ideas discussed, then do not put them forth. When you post them, expect conversation.

Now, let's get on with the conversation relating to the doctrines that we should be discussing here. Do not continue down this path. If you have further questions, you may send me a brief PM.

[ February 27, 2003, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Pastor Larry ]

17. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I never correct errors. I point them out. The only things I edit are demeanor and off topic posts. My comments about typo or mistake were light-hearted.

No.

First, I have answered every email I have gotten from you. If you disagree, then send me the emails you don't think I have responded to.

Second, I edited your post becuase I did not want you to be embarrassed about something so simple that you should have known. Your remarks showed a lack of knowledge of some very basic linguistic things and introduced a thought into the conversation that was inappropriate. Rather than let you be slammed by those who would see the comments, I edited them and clarified your misunderstanding.

I say again, it is time for you to participate properly in this forum. I am tired of babysitting and I will not continue to do it. You may participate with everyone else on equal ground, or you may read along without posting. It is your choice. The only thing that might be unfair is that I have been more lenient with you than I would be with others. If you think that is unfair, be glad about it. Let's get on with the conversation.

18. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

What's a PM?

19. russell55

russell55 New Member

If you want to send Pastor Larry a private message, then you click on the little icon with the man and the arrow and the sheet of text with the letters PM after it at the top of one of PL's posts. Does that help?

20. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

I was wonderin' what that did!

Thanks!