1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Graham an apostate?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Brother James, Jan 13, 2006.

1. shannonL

shannonL New Member

If you have ever read the book "Just as I'am" the big thick biography I think you will see that one thing Billy Graham did was stay "very true" to the specific calling God placed upon his life.
    Which was to "preach the Gospel". He didn't call BG to be a theologian in a Seminary somewhere, nor did he call him to be a teacher/pastor. He called him to be an evangelist. Which is to say he called him to proclaim the simple message of Christ. To that calling he has been faithful up until the very end. I'm not excusing some of his interesting comments at times but the man told the same old old story of Jesus his whole life without having moral failure in any area.
    As someone mentioned he wasnt even that eloquent but I firmly believe he was annointed from God when he stepped behind that pulpit.
    Grant it he was ecumenical in a big way. But even his sharpest critics have to admit he preached Jesus Christ and Christ alone as the only way to heaven.

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I have to whole-heartly agree with you. I have the audio book 'Just As I Am', and you are correct in listening to that, you will see that his life was given to the Lord's work, and he did an amazing job in my opinion.

We need more of the kind of people like him.

Jamie