1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is He Correct? Are We Barbarian?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Feb 21, 2013.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Last night Bill O'Reilly, taking issue with a recent decision by the liberal New Jersey Supreme Court stated that the United States had become a barbarian nation. Is he correct?

1. Consider the more than 55,000,000 unborn babies slaughtered in their mothers womb: Sanctioned by the US Supreme Court and the Federal Government, celebrated by the democrat party and its supporters, and to be funded by the taxpayer under Obamacare. {Actually it is already funded by the taxpayer through Federal aid given to the nations largest abortuary, Planned Parenthood.}

Speaking on the slaughter of the unborn C. Everett Koop, Surgeon General under President Reagan said:

2. Consider the Federal Governments endorsement and promotion of homosexual perversion in the military.

3. And then there is this!

So once again the question: Are we a Barbarian Nation or people? Or is that only the radical left are the barbarians?

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

What did God think of the Hebrews (nation and peoples) when they allowed groves and high places to remain in their midst?

Isn't it the same thing when America (Americans) continue(s) to expand our versions of groves and high places?

Left unchecked, a little yeast contaminates the whole loaf.

3. OldRegular

Fifty five million babies slaughtered and homosexual perverts dictating Federal policy indicates that the whole loaf is contaminated.

4. OldRegular

And then there is this:

5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No question in my mind that the ZERO is the vehicle of God's judgment on this nation!
    I may be wrong, but I have no doubts.

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bill O"Reilly likes sensationalism. He poses as a devout Catholic but he is a cafeteria Catholic. On the issue of gay marriage, he repeatedly has stood for civil unions, or gay marriages without the word marriage, as he himself explains it. I think that he represents liberal Catholicism on that issue. He is going to write a new book called "Killing Jesus" which should be a piece of theological garbage since I doubt if he knows any systematic theology. Maybe this new book will be his downfall.

7. OldRegular

This thread really has nothing to do with Bill O'Reilly. I simply used a comment by him to introduce the content of the OP. I suspect that like many Roman Catholics and professing "Christians" O'Reilly is Biblically illiterate. However, he has done some noteworthy work in bringing to the attention of the public the laxity of some state laws in punishment of child sex abusers and also the lenient sentences imposed by some judges on child sex abusers. Although he has never said that he is against abortion I believe from some statements he has made that he is strongly pro-life. That is more than can be said about some on this Baptist Board who by their actions support the continuation of this slaughter. Also I would note that in the last few weeks there has been strong debate on this Board about the role of the Church in its approach to homosexuals.

All that being said this thread is not about Bill O'Reilly. It is about the moral state of this country! If you want to slam O'Reilly start your own thread.

#7 OldRegular, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
  8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, OldRegular, I did not intend to detract from the subject of your thread. Please accept my apologies for my mental lapse. Of course, we have fallen into a barbaric state since 1972, which was not the first bad decision by a supreme court. We are also modernist or post-modernists.

But, yes, we are a barbaric nation. It is uncontestable with all the blood of the unborn babies testifying against us, proving us to be barbarians.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh my dear brother in Christ, have you ever listened to this guy .... Here is one titled "The Power of the Living God"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acdW1f05L4Y

10. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

It stretches far beyond this one issue, CMG. And it's going to get worse....

Hope all is well with you and yours,
    BiR