1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Hell, Eternal Torture?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Caissie, Mar 28, 2004.

?
  1. Hell is eternal torture

100.0%
  2. Hell is not eternal torture

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other (please explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

First of all, you need to start reading the posts. I never said I believe in "levels" in hell. This has been your method of response all along. Please, start reading the posts before you reply.

If it is personal, then it is your fault. All I have pointed out (and I will continue because it is true) is the fact that this is a JW belief, not a Baptist belief. If you wish to take that personally, then that is your decision.

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Apperantly not, the verse (and chapter) you refer to about the worms are not talking about the bodies of men in "hell" but rather human bodies that God just struck down that were dead and rotting on the ground ON earth. It is a battle field scene, not a hell scene. When men die and are left on the battle field to rot, worms do eat the body. And those worms don't die, they turn into the common housefly. That leaves us with the unending Fire, as the rest of the Bible has defined very well as "Destruction and Death", a state that is forever occuring on earth until the end time.

Hmmmmmm maybe sombody knows more than you and your old outdated revelation. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]haha, if they do it certainly isn't a later-day revelation from you! Why don't you read your Bible and see where Jesus says the same thing regarding death. You have a LOT of difficulty understanding the difference between "earthly Biblical text" and "that of the afterlife".

Why don't you explain to me again how "death without God" would be "eternal punishment" if you are not conscious to be punished? Just keep twisting your Bible around.

But, your so smart, I'm so glad that my old fashioned beliefs have been corrected by you. Thank you for your enlightenment. You need to write all of this in a book and have it published by a Baptist Press so that you can correct all of the Baptists in the United States who are wrong. [​IMG]

3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I am going to make one final post.

Let me quote Isaiah 66 starting with verse 22 (NASB):

22 "For just as the new heavens and the new earth
    Which I make will endure before Me," declares the Lord, "So your offspring and your name will endure.
    23"And it shall be from new moon to new moon And from sabbath to sabbath,
    All mankind will come to bow down before Me," says the Lord.
    24. "Then they shall go forth and look On the corpses of the men Who have transgressed against Me. For their worm shall not die,
    And their fire shall not be quenched; And they shall be an abhorrence to all mankind."

See, you cannot even understand the scripture we have discussing. ....and you think this is worms crawling on bodies on a battlefield. Read it in context. IT is obvious from your earlier posts that there is a complete lack of understanding and Scriptural scholarship in your posts. Call this a personal attack if you will, I call it the truth.

Actually, I do not think that is possible because every time we have tried to provide you with scripture you only show your complete lack of understanding.

Its no wonder that more people are not debating in this thread; I believe they see the frustration and hopelessness of the cause. Therefore, some will try to help, while most will just stay away. In the mean-time you continue to wallow in ignorance of the subject. This will not change so there is no reason to debate further. You may continue to chat with your few friends who deny eternal punishment like you, but as for me; you have been given several opportunities and have provided nothing substantial whatsoever, ignoring what you wish and posting irrelevance, and you just don't get it.

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

In regards to your first paragraph, there is no personal attack. I simply said that this is not a Baptist belief and that it is a JW belief. If the shoe fits.............

The second would be incorrect because YOU need to read the posts closer. Where did I[/] ever say that I believed in "levels" of hell?
    Get your facts straight before you post. ;)