1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is ISIS/ISIL Associated with Islam?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 12, 2014.

1. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

And the moderate, mainstream Muslims will say that ISIS does it by not balancing their study of the Koran. Do you see the problem here?

For the record, I agree with you over all; I think Mohammed (from my limited reading about him) was a bloodthirsty vicious warlord who invented his religion in order to acquire power for himself. I think Jews and Christians are totally wrong to appeal to Joshua for support for war let alone terrorism.

I'm just trying to say that it seems that the consensus of modern muslims would say (and have said) that ISIS is not genuinely Islamic. Having only a limited knowledge about Islam or what the Koran says I'm content to give them the benefit of the doubt on this topic, particularly since parallels can be made in Christianity with out various unbiblical off shoot groups.

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does this mean you have been to a mosque or mosques and heard their messages? :smilewinkgrin:

3. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

You see moderate muslims, will not agree with what you think. For them, what Mohammed did, massacres and war, are justified as they are commanded in the name of their god! Some of those liberals might secretly agree that you are worthy to die for blasphemy!

They will also try to justify Mohammed's actions that those are done in self-defense therefore a just war or they called it Jihad! Some would even say that Mohammed did not do those atrocities for lack of knowledge.

The question is who define what is true Islamic? Was it not Mohammed? So if I study the life and practice of Mohammed and compared to those which are being practiced by a group of muslims, I would conclude that radical muslims are closer in faith and practice!

#23 faithcontender, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  4. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

OK. But that supports my point. Most of the moderate, mainstream muslims will say the above as you said, and criticize ISIS as not fully understanding Islam.

Well I can see your point, and if you hold up Mohammed as the definition of true Islam and his life is reflected in the radicals (probably true. I don't know enough to say for certain.) then I would agree. But it seems to me that they more often appeal to the Koran in order to define Islam, not necessarily the actions or life of Mohammed.

5. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist