1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Israel an Evil Occupier?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DrJamesAch, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You misread my reply. I said they would be offended to be called Israeli Christians.

I agree that being Christian is not popular in Israel.

I head this information from various students who are Arab Christians living in Israel. You may not like what they say, but it is their perspective of what life is like there. This was over the years 2005 to 2013 and they came from various parts of Israel. Their stories, quite independent from each other, were very similar in how they are treated.

As I said, you may not like it, but that is their report.

Why don't you go out on the street and ask passersby what their view of Arab Christians is, whether it is negative or positive. And then their attitude toward Christians in general and see if there is a difference. I would be interested to hear that. Interestingly there were no Jewish Christians studying at the seminary, but perhaps Jewish Christians do not join or associate with Baptist Christians. That would be interesting to know also.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure you did. :rolleyes:

3. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Those who are CHRISTIAN have no problem identifying themselves as Israeli because that is the COUNTRY in which they live. It is not identifying with a culture or belief system anymore than blacks in the US are often considered "African-Americans" or Indians "Indian Americans".

Arabs in this country who are Christian understand the history and are not ashamed to be identified with Israel. There are a SMALL handful that would be offended, but not because it is a general concensus, but because they would hold views similar to any other sect of Christianity that holds the same views on Israel that some common churches do (such as the Presb USA).

Apparently, you've never talked to an Arab Christian that serves in the Israeli Defense Force (IDF).

"Arab Christian residents of Nazareth who proudly serve in the Israeli army and encourage their children to do the same are coming under increasing attack, and Israel is starting to take notice and come to their aid.

For a number of years now, a group of Nazareth Christians who are officers in the Israeli army have been actively recruiting young local Arabs to follow in their footsteps and serve the Jewish state.

Khaloul said that until now, many in the community had been too afraid to speak out, but that was going to change. Many are now even referring to themselves openly as "Israeli Christians."

" http://www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsItem/tabid/178/nid/23958/Default.aspx

I don't need to go "out on the street" and ask around, I've lived here most of my life (with the exception of about 10 years in the US) in various places.

And as I said before, the term "Christian" itself has about as much significance in this country as it does in yours. People would erroneously call Obama a "Christian" simply because he used the term "God" or "Jesus" in a speech (even though he made fun of the Bible to a group of college students).
    There are different denominations here, just not as many, and conservative Christians, like the independent Baptists (like myself) are rare. But there is a greater harmony among Christians of all sects in Israel that you do not see in the US, mainly because of the persecution against Christians of ANY sect from the Islamic community. Threat of constant death tends to unite some Christians regardless of denominational differences. But yes, there are still those who remain separated from some if not most of the "main-line" Christian denominations.

#23 DrJamesAch, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
  4. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Chirp chirp chirp:laugh:

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent question...answer is no.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs:

The Israel of God are those who believe in Christ. Anything else is antichrist unbelief. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

7. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs:

for we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God, and glory in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh: Phil 3:3

8. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

Rev, I agree with ya.

I don't know about others, but I have been to Israel and have met the people there and know what many Palestinians teach their children in schools. I know the anti Jewish rhetoric that spews like poison from many Palestinian teachers and leadership there.

People in that part of the world have been hating the Jews since they first entered into Canaan. They always have and they always will. Its what Islam teaches. The Arabs are an ancient enemy.

So Israel, imo, has a right to defend itself and if that means walling off parts of its land or using force to drive back people who are lobbing missiles into its country, they rightfully do so.

#28 Dennis324, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
  9. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

Well, not yet, but we can hope. :smilewinkgrin: