1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it better to abort a baby......

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Sep 3, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. What kind of logic is this?

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  4. other

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it better for the baby to abort it in a doctors office rather than in a back alley? Does the slaughter of the unborn child in a doctors office mean we care more for the baby?

Multiple choice allowed

#1 Revmitchell, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
  2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Of course not. You still going to viciously murder your own child. In neither situation is the child receiving any anesthesia, pain killers or anything. The child si still either burned or ripped to pieces, or stabbed in the head, all in the hopes of murdering it a sacrifice to the god of pleasure, convience, and moeny.So how could one be better then the other for the child.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I am ever so grateful that my mother chose life for me - even when she was a minister's daughter who had an affair with a married doctor. How easy would it have been for her to have an abortion? Instead she blessed me and another family with life.

Abortion is death wherever it occurs.

4. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Is it better to abort it in an "alley" than a doctor's office? The OP is ignorant logic. It works in reverse also. I voted "other" by mistake, I meant to click "what kind of logic is this".

#4 JerryL, Sep 3, 2008
  5. JerryL

JerryL New Member

This is something I can grab a hold of. We need to work from here rather that kill a baby in an office OR an "alley". I'm not for abortion in a safe office, but I'm not for it in an "alley" either.

#5 JerryL, Sep 3, 2008
  6. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Exactly. :thumbs: You Donna, are getting closer to my point than anybody so far. Neither place is acceptable. How do we stop them both? Just a simple banning of legal abortion won't solve anything.

#6 JerryL, Sep 3, 2008
  7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No it unfortunately won't stop them. But it would stop many of them. We can also do more than just make it illegal though. Make adoption free. Provide health care for the mother. Get churches involved in crisis pregnancy centers rather than just giving lip service to the whole thing. Those are just a few of the things that SHOULD be done.

8. JerryL

JerryL New Member

By the figures, it wouldn't stop nearly enough. The other things you state are great ways to help. :thumbs: My point this whole time was to stop abortions, and simply making it illegal and driving them underground is not acceptable to me.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Starting with addressing the bad law that was legislated by the SC based on a lie. Then lets put an end to murder of unborn children. Then we need to address the moral depravity that drives a woman to slaughter her child both before and after.

We take God out of schools, out of our court rooms, and out of the general public life and then we act like we don't know what to do or why this is all happening.

How about we quote harrassing those who witness on the public streets. How about allowing prayer back in schools. How about returning to our Judeo/Christian roots that this country was founded on.

10. JerryL

JerryL New Member

This is another thread, but I never want "religion" taught in schools that my kids are in. If we teach one religion we have to teach them all. I don't even want to open up that can of worms to my kids. I'll teach religion to my kids at home.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not say religion. I said God.

12. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Not only that, look at how little people on this board support other Christian denominations. Very few want to cooperate with them and very few are willing to accept minor differences in theology. We couldn't even agree if only Christianity were taught in the schools. Personally, I've never been able to figure out why people who don't want the government to teach sex education want them to teach religion in public schools. It doesn't make any sense.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

Nope, but it would lessen the numbers of children murdered, and make it illegal to preform or obtain an abortion, menaing people could be arrested for murder. Again, lessening the number.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

I would agree with tbis 100%. Teaching religion in school means kids get a good muslim education, they learn proper new age meditation techniques, prayers to buddah. And nothing about Jesus, because what liberals are going to teach abotu Jesus, and which Jesus are they going to teach about.

which God and who decides? And it's illegal to leave out someones relgion, it's discrimination. And when it comes to religeous discrimination, I guarentee we're first on the list.