1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it cold or snow filled where you are?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

After 5 winters with none of that (except cold but still warmer than up north), I've nearly forgotten what it's like wading through waist high snow and having to shovel three feet of it off my car. I miss it about as much as I will miss being sick and in pain when the Lord calls me home to eternally perfect weather.

2. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

If you like skiing, snow is perfect.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

We have several inches of snow with ice on top. No church today. The roads are horrible. But the sun is out! YAY!

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

No snow in the Heart of Dixie!!!

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I remember Dixie. She was that cute girl in the cut-off jeans on the Dukes of Hazzard. :laugh:

6. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Umm, that was Daisy. :wavey:

7. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

High 70's during the day. Low 60's at night.

Hopefully will be perfect for the Super Bowl.

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Daisy is a BB gun, ain't it?????

9. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    George Jones said she was hotter than a two dollar pistol but we digress.... Could y'all ship us some snow?! Weather feller says we had a 60% chance of getting some lake effect snow overnight. For those of you who do not live near the Great Lakes LES usually means a boatload of snow. A LES event two years ago dumped 142 inches over a three day period. (PS- no schools closed in our area) Anyway, I go outside this morning to view the LES and.... nothing! There was about an inch of light, fluffy snow that all flew off the car when I shut the door.

That woodchuck in PA better be right or there's fixin' to be some stew in the pot!

10. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Oh, Ok. I never have been any good at remembering names. :laugh:

11. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

WHAT??? You havein' a hard time remembering Daisy's:love2::love2: name???------and you've been her boyfriend:thumbs: for how many years now, Jon-Marc?????? When you gonna get her name right????!!!:laugh:

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

It has been snowing since about 10 a.m. and is coming down fast. It will snow all night and tomorrow until about 10 p.m.

They are also saying it's blizzard conditions in DC and parts of MD. They are telling everyone to get off the roads, that it's dangerous. I think it is snowing at about 3 inches an hour.

They are also saying on the radio that this may be an "epic" storm for this area.

This means going nowhere for several days. I know some people like this but I don't.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

around 40 degrees and raining, all day. Supose to turn to snow in a few days though.

14. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Marcia, Marcia, Marcia. If I had a trailer, I'd bring the snowmobile down and take you for a spin.
    [​IMG]

15. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Snowing. I'm about 6'3" and it's up to my knees.

My sons and I have been shovelling and blowing snow all morning. When we finished, my wife and daughters had hot chocolate (homemade marshmallows, by the way) on the table and dry socks all ready for us.

God bless those girls.

We're going to hook the winch up to the truck and go sledding tonight when it stops.

16. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Homemade marshmallows! bet those were yummy.

Here's a recipe if anyone wants some with their hot chocolate :D

--------------------------------------------------

We just got inches this time and it was wet, wet, wet, so scraping it up was easier. Had just a bit fall today.

17. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Ha! Thanks - but it looks kind of scary. It's probably not allowed around here in the urban areas.

We lost our power midnight Friday until 5 a.m. this morning! Not fun! No heat, no lights, no Internet access. :(

And we had about 30 inches of snow. The only person here who can shovel is the landlord's daughter - the landlord is overseas - and his wife and I cannot do it due to back backs (and in my case, I'm not too strong either).

18. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Where in MD is Georgetown? Maybe you told me, but I forgot.

How many inches did you get? We got about 30 inches. I can't even see my car. Did you lose power?

30 inches of snow and about 30 hrs. of no power. I'm grateful we have it back - some don't yet.

I notice that no one complains that much about the snow when they have a man around to shovel but this is a house with 3 women - and two of them with bad backs.

19. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's about halfway between Chestertown and Rock Hall.

About two and a half inches.

No, but we have alternative power.

We have a drive way that's about a third of a mile, three other houses that belong to my parents and grandparents, and the area around the barn and green house (and a little patch for the chickens).

We're so far out in the country that we knew ahead of time the roads would be impassible, so we cancelled church.

Went sledding last night and stayed out until about 1:30am, had a big fire and everything. I can hardly move today.

20. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Sorry, I still don't know where that is! Give a bigger city or something, like how many miles north/west/east of it you are. :wavey:

Do you mean 2 and a half feet?

Wish my landlord did.

Sounds like you enjoy the snow. All these snowstorms we've had makes me dislike the snow all the more; I used to be okay with it. And now more is predicted for Tuesday/Wednesday. It's putting me behind on things I've had to cancel. I probably will not get out anywhere before Friday.