1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is it even Biblical to Pray for a Person’s Salvation?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by IceAndFire1328, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really, for IF DP is true, would beg the question of why to pray wouldn't it?

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would tell you what an Old School baptist would tell you. For the comfort and instruction of the Lord's people (Isa. 40: 1-2, 9; Eph.4: 11-16).

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a preacher....

....if it were wrong to pray for the salvation of the lost, I'd never had anything to pray for before I took the pulpit to preach.

If we were not put here to reach the lost at any cost, then what is our purpose in life? And if we are to share the Gospel, prayer is quintessential to accomplishing HIS command to, "Go into the world!" A believer can do nothing without prayer, and we are told to pray without ceasing. :praying:

As for me; I will continue to pray for those who are lost, with the hope that His Spirit will reach them before they draw their last breath in this life. :praying:

Thanks for an interesting topic, and tons of interesting comments. :wavey:

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What is old school baptist, are they seperate from Sovereign grace and primitive baptists, or are all pretty much same thing?

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the generic name for PB's, Old Regulars etc.