1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IS IT IN THE BIBLE??

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by tamborine lady, Jul 8, 2005.

1. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Jer. 50 is one of seven prophetic chapters on US, England is our "mother" (v.12).

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

And you have Biblical proof of that I assume?

Could you point me to a reference that this chapter talks about the United States and her mother England?

3. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Yep, sure do, all the pieces fit together, the picture is complete.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

How about some Bible proof instead of a personal interpretation?

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I keep seeing Babylon and Chaldea in this passage, not the US and her mother.

Is this talking about a Canadian invasion of the US?

6. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

"out of the north there cometh up a nation against her" - this is Russia.

"Come up against Babylon an assembly of great nations from the north country" - this is Russia and Muslim nations, will include former Soviet Union satellite nations that still have Soviet missles.

7. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Other nations coming against us are "Ararat, Minni and Ashkenaz" (51:27)." Ararat is located in present-day Armenia near Lake Van. Minni is located south of Lake Urmia in what is today western Iran, and Ashkenaz is located near Lake Urmia and Ararat.
    These three nations make up the land area between the Turkey border and the Caspian Sea, also the location of Russia nuclear missiles.

8. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

In the late 1970's and early 1980's there were some very respected theologians who thought the end was going to come "very soon," during the 1980's. I can't remember now what the exact year they said was.

They were certain it was going to be some kind of nuclear war between Russia and the US. We were both supporting opposite sides in some of the Middle East wars, we hated each other, the "biblical warnings" seemed to be happening (wars, earthquakes, etc.) Some verses in Daniel that talked about a bear rising up were thought to be Russia. Some of the Ezekiel references to eagles were taken to be America.

Some people thought Gorbachev was the AntiChrist due to the fact he had a birthmark on his head.

They were wrong.

Then another group sprang up. They were certain the end was going to be a nuclear war started by Israel, and that it would happen before the year 2000.

God will pick his time. We need to be ready - whether it is today or 10,000 years from now. We need to witness and do the work God gave us to do.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anybody can take any prophecy and twist it around to claim it menS whatever he wants to make it say. That's how we end up with cults like the one in Waco back in the early 1990s - the Branch Davidians.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Russia is north of the United States? I must need a new map.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Once again I find myself in agreemement with my dear brother.

12. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Russian missiles will come from the north over the North Pole, the earth is round, not flat.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Gotcha.

A nation from the North is actually a nation from the other side of the globe who fires their missiles northwards, which becomes southwards when they cross the North Pole.

So actually Brazil is north of the Unites States as well. Interesting geography.

Another thought - since Russia is North of the US is the US also north of Russia?