1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is It Normal For Us Mature Christians To Have Unexplained Experiences

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by g'day mate, Dec 1, 2002.

1. g'day mate

g'day mate New Member

Is It normal for Pastors, to see or to have explained them by older folk,experiences that they have enjoyed of the Holy Spirit.these may not be normal but are repetative by nature.
    John.

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

What experiences do you mean? Like the toronto blessing?

3. g'day mate

g'day mate New Member

When a team of doctors tell your family your leg is comming off.your church prays, you pray,morphine no longer helps,had 213mg in 7 days,most of your toes are black,smells.And the Lord tells you not to worry.Its called Prayer Power.
    John

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

So you are talking about being healed by God?

5. g'day mate

g'day mate New Member

Ben you got it in one,Christians smiled,non christians Doctors,just dont understand.
    It surprised me that so many people think that, when you go to the Lord,you have given up all hope.
    John [​IMG]

6. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well my friend, Yes it is quite normal to have unexplained healings within the church. According to the book of James this is completley scriptural.

I have been a part of some healings, and I have also seen instances when the required healing has not taken place. We should not be discouraged by this though.

It is hard to believe that there are churches that do not believe in using Spiritual Gifts, In particular the Healing ministry.

In the early church ministry after the communion service was through, the deacons would take the left over bread and wine to the sick and there are reports of healings taking place at communion. It would be good to see the left over communion in the modern church being taken to the brethren that are sick also.

7. Jessie

Jessie New Member

g'day mate - that's wonderful!! :D Isn't God absolutely good?! You're right, most doctors don't understand.
    Our family had an experience about this time, two years ago. Right before Christmas, my parents had a terrible wreck. Mom was injured, but nothing serious. Dad was almost killed. He was 75 years old when this happened. To make a very long story shorter, he was in Trauma ICU for about a month and a half, all the while, they were telling us he might not make it. He was just laying there, almost coma-like. He was also paralyzed from his neck down with a broken neck, and injured spinal cord. They did not do any surgery on his neck at all, but had to do an emergency stomach surgery to keep him from bleeding to death. Anyway, he survived ICU, then we were told he'd never walk, never be able to come home because of 24-7 care that he'd need. No hope - all there in the x-rays and cat scans. Well - there were 100's, maybe 1000's of prayers being sent up for him. I got on the internet and contacted every Baptist church I could locate that had prayer request pages, and others, also. Some of you here may have even received this, I don't know. Well, dad did come home. In a wheelchair, paralyzed. But you know what? Within a few weeks, he had taken his first step, and is now recovered almost 100%. I'll never be able to thank God enough, or praise Him enough. Now, I've got tears in my eyes! But, they are joyful, thankful tears! [​IMG]
    Thank you, g'day mate, for making my day!
    [​IMG]

[ December 07, 2002, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Jessie ]

8. g'day mate

g'day mate New Member

Thanks Jessie,yes its rather difficult to see the keys on the keyboard at times because of tears,when giving thanks to the Holy Spirit.To say that things like this, change your life, is quite an under statement.The very word PRAYER takes on a new meaning.The Holy Spirit is within us.
    John [​IMG]