1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it normal to feel guilty when buying things for your home?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jun 23, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Is it normal to feel guilty when buying things for your home?

My Wife and I, have gradually come up, we were 1 day shy of being homeless on October 17,2002 and I gave my life to Christ. Boy... did he open up doors.. that same day.

Well, little by little we have purchased stuff, mostly from the Goodwill stores. Our TV was pretty old and finally we saved up enough money where we could actually get one. We went to wal mart and they had a 42" Plasma TV for only $747.00 which is pretty cheap considering the size and stuff.. I felt so guilty to buy it but my wife and I wanted one for years. So we bought it... not on the credit card because if I cannot buy it cash, I wont buy it. We bought it cash.

While driving out the store with it, I just cannot help think about all the missionarys who are hungry around the world and those who are homeless. My friends asked me, are you happy bro.. with the new TV.. I was like.. No.. all of this will stay when Jesus comes.. I mean, I am glad but for some reason just feel so sad. Why is this??????

This is the first brand new item we have bought in our home.

:tonofbricks:

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

As Jesus said, we always have the poor with us. Enjoy providing a good home and place for your family. If you do not begin at home then you will never be able to help others. Now I know others may have a different take on it, this is just IMO.

I have taught all my children to work themselves into a condition so they can help others and if you never rise above the homeless condition, you will never be able to help others.

Jesus never felt guilty when something that could of been given to the poor was given to Him.

Jhn 12:7Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.
    Jhn 12:8For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always.

BBob,

#2 Brother Bob, Jun 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2008
  3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

tell you what, if your conscience ain't eased up on you in 30 days, let me know.
    i can use the plasma tv.
    wonder if you'll let me have it out of Christian love ?