1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it ok....

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Basketball Baptist Girl, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Basketball Baptist Girl

Is it ok to pray for animals? Don't think I am stupid for asking about this but I have always wondered and I want to hear what some of you might say.
    [​IMG]
    BBG

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. I have prayed for health, safety, comfort, and return of animals on a number of occasions. If God is concerned about a sparrow, God is certainly concerned about your dog or cat.

But don't bother praying for their salvation. :D Dogs are already saved and cats won't be saved. [​IMG]

3. UnashamedYouth

UnashamedYouth New Member

LOLOL! ITA about the dog cat thing! LOL

I pray for my pets all the time... I just hope and pray that they all get to be in Heaven too... it'll be way more fun if Jordy were with me ;)

4. Basketball Baptist Girl

Hey, thank you both for telling me what you thought. The reason why I was asking, my dog got into a fight with another dog and he is hurt pretty bad.
    UnshamedYouth,
    Do you go to college? I saw on your profile and it said student. Please answer me.
    Baptist Believer,
    Do you hate cats or something? I was just wondering 'cause my teacher sounds like you!! and he hates cats too!
    Thank you both very much.
    ;)
    BBG

5. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

I don't know about BB, but I love cats. I have one mounted on each side of my fireplace. I told my wife that it was either me or the cats. Without giving her time to answer, I chose the cats.

P.S. None of the above is remotely true except my strong dislike for cats.

6. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m very sorry to hear of your dog’s injuries. I hope he will get better. :(

I don’t hate them that much… I just prefer dogs. Dogs are usually much more friendly, loyal and useful. Cats just lay around, eat, sleep, fill the litter box, and damage the furniture. Cats are good if you have problems with rodents, but I’ve known dogs who will take care of any rodents you have.

Unfortunately, my love doesn’t care for dogs much and loves cats, so we’re eventually going to have to get a cat. :rolleyes: I’ve been “discussing” the situation with her for about a year, and have expressed the strong opinion that if we are to get a cat, I want the cat to at least be interesting or unusual… like a hairless cat (my first choice) or one of those green cats born a few years ago (my second choice) or the glow-in-the-dark cat – a genetically-engineered cat that has genes from a jelly fish that allows it to glow in the dark (my third choice).

If we can find a cat that is a freak of nature/science, I’ll be happy to give it a home. :D [​IMG]

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Is it ok to pray for animals?
    I have prayed for my ex-wife many times! Oops!!! wrong context :eek:

I'm not a youth, but I'm a parent of a few. My youngest son, aged six, every night when he says his prayers, says "God bless Mommy, Daddy, Amy (his sister), Michelle (his other sister), and Snoopy (the family dog that had to be put to sleep years ago). I'm not about to tell him he can't pray for his dog. If I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll be forgiven.

8. Basketball Baptist Girl

Preach the World,
    Ha Ha. You are really funny. Do you think we should pray for animals? I really hate cats to. My best friend loves them and every time I go over there my allergies start to act up.
    Baptist Beliver,
    Tell your wife that if she gets a cat you will get to buy a big Pig and you get to put it in the house! (lol) If I was you I would get a freak cat to. Those things would be kool to have.

Thank you for getting back to me. I can't wait to hear from you all.
    [​IMG]
    BBG

9. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Green cats? Oy vez.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog's fight, too, and hope he heals up quickly.

I was just talking about cats today! I share my apartment with one, and when I move will probably open it up to another. As long as I don't become a "woman with cats" I'll be all right. [​IMG]

10. Basketball Baptist Girl

So... Miss Kelly Girl,
    You like cats? Nice.
    Thank you for getting back to me.
    BBG

11. Basketball Baptist Girl

Johny,
    That was vuny (about your ex-wife). Thanks for getting back to me. And who cares if you are not a youth, you helped me out.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you,
    BBG

12. UnashamedYouth

I'm a high school senior [​IMG]

13. Basketball Baptist Girl

UNSHAMEDYOUTH
    Kool. Good luck next year at college. Where are you going to college at? My brother is a senior and my best friend. Thanks for writing me back.
    BBG
    [​IMG]

14. UnashamedYouth

hopefully SouthEastern Seminary... I know Dr. Page PAtterson... and Dr. Alan Mosely... and just about all of my youth group is enrolling there as well [​IMG]

15. Basketball Baptist Girl

UNSHAMED YOUTH
    I hope you have a lot of fun there. what are you going to be? [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. christfollower55

christfollower55 New Member

It's okay to pray for the safety and well being of animals, however, they don't have a soul. Man is the only creature that God breathed into man's nostrils and man became a living soul. So they might be in heaven i don't know so pray for them just in case.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

17. UnashamedYouth

I will just be going there to get my Bible credits... I hope to then transfer to a Christian Liberal Arts school where I hope to major in TV Broadcasting and Film Production...

18. The Baptist Tape Maker

UNSHAMED YOUTH, I hope you have fun...

I want to thank the rest of you for helping me. I love you all. God Bless!! I can't wait to hear from you!!
    :cool:
    BBG

19. Basketball Baptist Girl

GUYS I DID NOT KNOW THAT MY BROTHER WAS LOGGED ON AND I USED HIS NAME TO POST.... THE MESSAGE THAT WAS JUST SENT FROM BAPTIST TAPE MAKER WAS REALLY FROM ME. SORRY!!
    [​IMG]
    BBG

20. The Baptist Tape Maker

LOL [​IMG]
    If you share a computer with someone who uses the Baptist Board, always be sure to log out or you'll have someone writing in your name- And if its your sister you'll sound very dumb!!!!!!!