1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it over for Obama ?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's August. It's early. But for Democrats, it's over. Over. Done. Fini. At the risk of sounding like I've snapped...allow me this snap judgment. The Democrats have just lost the presidency this week......

...........But they look weak on a military crisis. Inconsistent on an economic crisis. And impotent on their own brewing political convention crisis. Things change. Tides ebb and flow. But I think we will look back to this week in August as the time the party that had it all in the bag...just puked in it.

Opinion Here

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And another cow flew over. This is only in your dreams! :laugh:

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yea, right! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

what makes you think they've lost

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Probably just wishful thinking on Revmitchell's part.

6. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Wow...and I thought that RighteousDude was obsessed over Obama. I believe the Rev has got him beat. :smilewinkgrin:

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey - We're Both Rev's!!!

I am not OBSESSED over Obama, I just don't trust him. As for the Rev beating me, we are both Rev's, and we both have the supernatural connection to God through prayer [not to say any one else doesn't] and as I see it, we have become the voices of reason in a land far, far away. The difference between us is, Rev KNOWS Obama will crash and burn...I think the weak minded of this country will somehow push Obama over the top in November.:laugh:

It is clear that most Americans want change so badly that they are willing to sell their souls to the devil to change America. And if they do win, they will soon see the error of their ways, but, they will have to live with their poor choice for four years. Let's just hope that America is not a third world, has been nation by the time 2012 comes around.:laugh:

Sign me off as Pastor Paul:type:
    "The Other Obsessed Rev"

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I saw one poll today that had Obama leading McCain nationally by one point. ONE. After outspending McCain, after McCain being as bland as latex paint, after McCain being damaged by a damaged Republican brand, and after the media's attempt to paint Obama as JFK meets Michael Phelps meets the heavenly host of Angels meets the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. ONE POINT.

Obama should be up by fifteen right now, easy. If the Dems can't win this presidential general, they should never run another candidate again. Bush has done all in his power to hand the Oval to them.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No mere mortal man is reverend - only God is reverend.

Psalm 111:9 (KJV)
    He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.

10. Jimmy Clifton

Jimmy Clifton New Member

On Fox News and a few other news networks, Obama is being questioned live right now (8:39 p.m. EST). McCain will be next. Fox repeats this at 11 p.m. EST.

11. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've said it before...if the Democrats lose this election, they will solidify their role as one of the most inept political parties in history.

12. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's over, it's done, Juan McCain is going to be the next president, and BHO supporters are going to get ruder and more defensive the closer it gets to Election Day. They can just think otherwise, he's the worst presidential candidate in American history of either party. Unelectable.

13. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I still have not decided who I will vote for. It is a long time until November and it is surely too early to count anyone out. You can hope. You can pray. You can voice your opinion and have fun doing it. But it is just too early to make a call. Of course you do have a 50% chance of being right .... and a 50% chance of being wrong. :laugh:

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Obama is losing traction among Americans as a whole.
    2. Obama has big problems with the Clintons.
    3. Obama big problems with Clinton supporters.
    4. Obama is losing his attraction.

Is it really over for Obama? Hard to say without any doubt. But such an idea has more credibility than evolution to be sure.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whether or not one agrees with the author's opinion, the above statements are all true.

#15 carpro, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008
  16. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Then you were a fan of George Wallace or the candidates from the American Communist Party?

17. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, the worst candidate was elected .... twice.

18. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

We might want to at least wait until the head-to-head debates have taken place before claiming victory.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A debate hasn't decided a presidential election since 1960.

Even then it was appearances more than substance that decided the winner.

20. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Wrong. Not even close.

Warren G. Harding was only elected one time. :rolleyes:

No President in my lifetime of 60 years, on their worst day, was unworthy enough to shine his shoes.

His life was threatened - by his future father-in-law, should he marry his daughter, even though she was pursuing him. They got married anyway.

An assassination attempt on his life, in the White House while he was President, failed by one wielding a huge knife, who attacked him, and only was unsuccesful because the assassin was taken down physically and disarmed by the Secret Service contingent, surrounding the President. The would-be assassin was summarily locked in a closet by the SS until they cooled down, and while the SS figured out what to do with them.

The would-be assassin was First Lady Florence Harding. Some historians believe to this day, with good reason, that she was successful on a later attempt.

Ed