1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it permissible for a Christian to wear a Lapel Pin shaped like a Cross?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Friend of God, Jun 2, 2006.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Most who use depictions of Jesus on the cross know He is risen. In their minds they are remembering the suffering He went through on the cross.

2. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw the gentleman at Church yesterday that made the remark. He commented that I was still disrespecting the Cross. I had my small cross lapel pin on my suitcoat lapel- it says

JESUS
    A
    V
    E
    S
    I told the gentleman that I respect his views, and I can understand why he feels the way he does,however: I wear my lapel pin as a witnessing tool, not merely as a piece of jewelry.
    While were talking someone else walked up, and after glancing at both of us, commented that they liked my Cross lapel pin and wondered where they could get one. My companion looked kind of startled, then replied that the pin was unusual enough to make people stop and look at it. I told him yes, and when they do comment on it I take the opportunity to witness to them.
    He smiled, shook my hand and apologized for his earlier comment,saying that anything as simple as a lapel pin that could spark a question about what the lapel pin means was something that had never occurred to him.
    I told him that no apology was necessary, I was glad that he now didn't feel that I was wearing my lapel pin
    only as a fashion statement.
    We parted as friends, and as two people who truly love the Lord, and want to share Him with all we meet.

Rob

3. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

God bless you

May God continue to bless you for handling that in a way that brought glory to Him, and peace between you and the other person! In all things, let God be honored!!

4. mima

mima New Member

Witnessing to those who ask.

To Friend of God; you're to be commended for using a lapel cross to witness with. Would you please enlarge on that statement and tell us what you say and how you witness? Thank you very much, perhaps we can all learn something here.

5. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When somebody asks "what does JESUS SAVES mean"? I usually tell them that all men are sinners, the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23) and then quote Romans 5:8 (while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us), then I'll tell them that except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (John 3:3), for God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16), for God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.(John 3:17).
    After this discussion I'll share my testimony with them, then if they ask :"how can I be saved?" I tell them believe on the Lord and thou shall be saved (Acts 16:31), Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38).
    Then I explain the importance of baptism. If they then repent and accept Jesus as their Savior I welcome them into the body of believers that is the Church. I'll explain to them(if they don't have a family Church) how they can be baptized.
    I give them my name, address and phone number so I can be there when they are baptized.
    The last thing I do is give them my "JESUS SAVES" lapel pin so they can testify to others that Jesus saved them from a life of sin, and death.
    Thank you for asking what I do to witness, I just try to humbly obey the commandment to go and make disciples.My words may not be eloquent, but they are sincere.

Rob

#25 Friend of God, Jun 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2006
  6. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

7. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yup, that's my pin.
    It gives me the opportunity to explain the plan of Salvation, and the Holy Ghost. All of which are depicted in the pin.
    I buy them in lots like mentioned in the Google search, so I always have enough to give away.

Rob

8. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

'tools' for witnessing

Great tool and they end up asking YOU for the information which is a great opening! God bless!

9. Mary Diana Lynn Harper

Is it premmissable to where a cross

Not only is it permissable to where a cross but it shows you are not ashamed of Christ. It makes a statement that you are a child of God. I like to know who I am dealing with and that is a good indication who you are. A CHILD OF GOD. and proud of it. AMEN:praise: :praise: :praise: :praise:

10. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Witnessing Tools

Your very kind comments are making me blush. I don't do anything more then anybody else would do.
    I just try to obey the commandment to Go and Make Disciples(in a low-key,conversational way).
    In Heaven I don't want to be asked by Jesus why, when He gave me the tools to witness with, I didn't do it.
    If Jesus can Save me, I want to effectively, and compassionately, share Him so He can Save others too.
    I don't do anything then any other Christian would'nt do.

11. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd like to thank everybody who replied, and gave their opinions to my question. Your opinions are very important to me.

Rob

12. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Rob,
    This has been an encouraging thread! Thanks for starting it. I know God will bless the gospel shared because of that pin.