1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it possible to love His image and not love Him?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Robina, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Robina

Robina New Member

Is it possible to love the thought or image of Jesus without loving Him? I don't know if you understand what I'm asking, but any repies would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

May God bless you
    Robina

2. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

A lot of people love the "idea" of Jesus without being born again. I think you are talking about a great many people in this catagory.

3. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think there are many who are in love with their "idea" of Jesus, but it is not the Biblical Jesus. They have come up with a "Jesus" that they have made in their own image, but reject the Jesus of the Bible. That is sad.

4. Joe

Joe New Member

Everyone is at different levels of spiritual maturity. To love the idea of Jesus, may be the beginning for many.

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

If they just love the thought or image of Jesus but not Him, then they must not really know Him or know who He is. Or possibly they know the claims of Jesus but reject them and reject Him, yet love a superficial image of Him.

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Many people say they know God, but they don't know Jesus.

OTOH, I've never seen a little girl play with a Barbie doll who did not love that doll AND all she stands for.

7. Watchman

Watchman New Member

The Lord Jesus made plain that: "Unless ye believe that I AM He, ye shall die in your sin." Italics indicate that "He" may not be in the original. As such, we must be careful that our view of The Lord Jesus is one of who He really and truly is-God manifested in flesh.