1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is it really "Our time to die" when murdered or killed....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Apr 23, 2013.

?
  1. Yes...God would not allow horrific deaths to harm us!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. No...they are within His plan for us!

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. See my answer....

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. No opinion!!!!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. God is all knowing. Nothing is by accident or outside of His will!

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

God determed Christ would die, how he would die, and every detail that surrounded the event. It's all recorded in the old testiment. The wicked men that crusified Christ are held accountable because they did exactly what they wanted to do.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perfect example how God being sovereign and in control over all things, and yet person still end up doing what they "want to do!"

3. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

Yep like God's will is that 2 people who marry especially if they are Christians and they divorce unbiblically, obviously NOT God's will. So God put them together only to have them split apart....now how is that God's fault, will or plan?

Doesn't make sense?

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God knew, did not cause that to happen!

5. Matt22:37-39

I was waiting for someone to say that, heres the thing

Why would God put two people together after much prayer, both Christians, conformation from family and friends, etc. "What God has joined together let no man separate"...the bible says.

Doesn't make sense that God would put to believers together KNOWING they would separate?

It's called God not going against mans free will.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    actually, its a display of the actions of people would do for evil already factored and accounted for in the plan and purposes of God!

7. Matt22:37-39

I do not understand?

8. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is it really "Our time to die" when murdered or killed....

To me the question seems moot because of the finality of death.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God had brought the 2 together for a purpose, and even though they sinned by divorcing, he still had that choice of theirs worked into what He was going to do for both of them going forward!

He was neither surprised by what they did, nor the One that caused them to do that, but still was the one who was at work to keep them going forward as Chrsitians and working something good out of their bad choice!

10. Matt22:37-39

OK, I see and is pretty much the way I figure it...thing is as far as "bad choice" the sad truth is there ISN'T much to choose from...lol

I got married at 28 and he was my 9th proposal, out of those who were pretty serious about me, yet I wasn't for them.

Anyway, there were some warning signs, yet because I had never lived with a man nor had I had a long term relationship before (very picky and independent, and I was a single mother and celibate for 6 years...yes I had proposals during that time) I didn't know what I was in for...bottom line we were WAY TOO opposite in almost everything except doctrine, politics, and only a few other things.

He left me unbiblically after 17 years cause he never wanted to work on it, (communication was extremely hard for him) just like his 20 years marriage and he left her as well and now he is on his 3rd...all Christian??? Why does God allow him to (SIN) continue yet I deserve a good man yet there are none to be found or they are taken already.

Anyway, I can look back and see all the blessing that were there for me and my kids, so not all was wasted...I think God knows we are all so imperfect that He can only do so much with us...:tongue3:

11. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I heard a preacher say one time in his message, when two professed christians get married and then divorce, one or both are not saved. This may not be so in all cases but if the truth was known probably is most cases it is the truth. I know of a preacher that divorced his wife, left a large church and married is childhood sweet heart. He started a ministry in his home drawing mostly divorced couples that had re-married. I listened to one of his tapes and he made this statement, If God has ordained you to eternal life he has also ordained ever sin you would committ, so go ahead and sin and don't worry about it. By what he said IMO he did not know the Lord. Just because a person say's i'm saved does not prove a thing, the proof is in the fruit.

#31 salzer mtn, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013
  12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sorry to hear about that, and can only stand on the truth that the Lord is in control of the lives of His own, and that regardless of good/bad things, he always loves us, and will also have the way to walk to receive what his plan and purposes are in life intended for us to experience!

13. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Perhaps reread the OP for topic.......surprised you even asked.

#33 Jedi Knight, Apr 24, 2013
  14. Matt22:37-39

.....................................................................................

:)

15. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Yet you jumped head long on here.:laugh: Hoping you would somehow come away unscathed? :smilewinkgrin:

16. Matt22:37-39

Salzer we were both saved...hence the word "same doctrine"

17. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great Point....

....OT, when I need insight that expands or goes beyond what I expected, there you are. What a great piece of insight, and a Word from God, himself!

18. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Was this a smug statement?

#38 Jedi Knight, Apr 24, 2013
  19. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to Get Off Topic, BUT....

....I had a similar situation to Matt27. The young lady who led me to Jesus, became my wife. She was born -again, but the fruit over the last 40 years makes me wonder if the seed was on good ground or grew up in the midst of thorns and tares?

She helped me through college, but once I entered the ministry; she began to balk, and want me out. The wants' turned to demands, and finally, an ultimatum, that caused me to leave the ministry for a year.
    Once I knew it was not the right move [to leave the ministry] and went back into the ministry, she asked me to leave; met another man and moved in with him.

The pain, confusion, frustration and anger [and I mean ANGER] toward her and God [for letting this happen] led me down a new path, that wasn't on course to the narrow gate.

I strayed for 17 years, even got caught up in flesh sin, which held me captive and its slave for a long time, and it was my inability to break free from this evil task master, and the mounting guilt from the sin, I was entangled with that let to a supernatural failed attempt to end my life.

I say supernatural, because the weapon I held in my mouth never failed to work before, yet this time, it did not work properly; the firing pin did not work, and I am still here, on earth, to minister following my "prodigal son" like return to the Father, who treated me as if I had never been gone, sinned or messed up my life.

They joy I felt from my Father when I returned to Him, was awesome, overwhelming and all consuming. Even though I was extremely remorseful, contrite and repentive, God welcomed me back and put me back on the path to serving Him.
    It took a few years, to get back to being given a lot to be trusted with, but, God did eventually give me back all I lost and even more, including a wife that is completely in love with Him, and willing to support my every move in the ministry.

BTW - in May we will celebrate 33 years of marriage. Yes our God is awesome, and that is why I can honestly attest to the truth in Romans 8:28, that all things [eventually] work together for His [and our/my] good.

As for my ex, she is still wallowing in the miry pit of sin that I left her in 38 years ago. This is so sad, because God used her to lead me to Jesus. I can only pray for her soul and her choices to turn around, as I did. Maybe she was never saved. However, only God can make that call! I certainly believed she loved Him and was saved.

Does God allow bad to happen? I'm at the point of belief where I can see that while He may not dictate bad for our life, when we make bad choices [choices outside his perfect ill for our life], He does not leave our side; instead, He sticks close [like the footprints in the sand poem], making sure that ALL works out and together for the good of the believer and the Kingdom.

I know I was saved. I know that even though I packed up and left for the city, that He never once took His eye off me, knowing therell be that day when I'd return. And when I did return, God was ecstatic, threw a party, and made sure I had no doubt that I was still a part of the Family of God, after all those years of running away...

This is why I love Him more than ever, and strive to help those who have gotten off the path. It is important that [because we are once saved always saved] the church does all it can to help those who - by no fault of their own - find a way to get back on the Narrow Path, as soon as possible. That is the new ministry, He entrusted me with, and over the years, I've seen more return to God than I can even begin to put a number on. And my wife is standing behind me in this cause.

#39 righteousdude2, Apr 24, 2013
  20. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Some have a hard time accepting this and use mockery.....not the scriptures mind you..... but the idea.:type: