1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is it really "Our time to die" when murdered or killed....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Apr 23, 2013.

?
  1. Yes...God would not allow horrific deaths to harm us!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. No...they are within His plan for us!

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. See my answer....

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. No opinion!!!!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. God is all knowing. Nothing is by accident or outside of His will!

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

We can either believe God is in full control of everything which would be faith or we can try to figure God out in every thing we don't understand which would lead to questioning God and unbelief. The bible say's Psa 37:23 the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord. This scripture tells me however God chooses to take one of his children out of this world, he ordered it. Why would God order be this way is none of my business. Who am i to question God. When we think of 9/11 deaths or the Boston bombing some people think of innocent victims that were killed by a terrorist before their time. The truth is, what do we know of the lives of the ones that were killed. The victims could have been as vile of sinners in Gods sight as the terrorist. Other than Christian people, America has turned her back on God. You may say, what harm does is it for anyone that goes out and run's a merithon. The bible says in the last day's men will be lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God. One of the sins of Sodom was idolness. America has became idol people and pleasure seakers. American people wants a life of intertainment. I don't question why God allows certain things to happen, i marvel at the fact he hasn't already destroyed us all.

#121 salzer mtn, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2013
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems that the concept of us being totally in the will opf God once saved, that he knows when and how we die, should be great encoragement to us, but seems that many see that as somehow either violating their free will, or else want to say that we have fate/chance/luck in play!

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

A couple other scriptures to consider:
    Job 14:5
    Acts 17:;26, Paul preaching to the philosophers on Mars Hill in Athens:
    Here, Paul says God has determined not only how long we will live but where we will live.

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I voted the last option.

Made me think of one of my all time favorite movies, "Here Comes Mister Jordan," the original with Robert Montgomery not the remakes by other names.