1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is it the sinner's fault that he will go to hell?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by IAMWEAK_2007, Jan 10, 2013.

1. IAMWEAK_2007

IAMWEAK_2007 Member

Is it my fault if in case until now I don't know about salvation and about God.
    Let me site an example, let say I am a Catholic, I devoted my life up to the time of my death worshiping what I believe as my god, the true God don't have mercy to reveal himself to me, is it my fault that I will go to hell?.

Does God chose who will only have understanding about salvation? One example is Cain and Abel, even both of them knows God.

2. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your question present an impossible situation. For the reasons this cannot happen you need to read Matt. 22:1-14, 2Pet 3:9 and Romans 1:16-22. You see, the perfect will of God is that none should perish. God calls every one of us but it is up to us to answer.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    is it God's fault that you are a sinner ?

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

YES, it is indeed the fault of every sinner as God's word testifies that He has given us the truth.

The wonderful thing is that you now know this and can do something about it.:thumbs::praying:

5. IAMWEAK_2007

IAMWEAK_2007 Member

Plenty good people just died not knowing John 3:16. This people devoted their lives in serving the god of their own understanding. Paul in the new testament was a terror before he got saved, can we just accept that God select people He wanted to be in heaven. Because no matter what, thousands died everyday who never had a chance to understand or hear about the salvation we are all Baptist are talking about.

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    then God failed. if He failed, then what right does He have to our worship ? If He failed, then the Bible is false. Better to read the Koran, or Confucius, or maybe become a scientologist.
    Imagine a God who sends His Son among sinners to do what they are unable to do, that is, live a perfect life of submission to Him, live a sinless life in their behalf, and then be crucified in their stead, and, yet, despite all that, like you said, thousands die everyday who never had a chance to understand or hear about the salvation we Baptists are talking about, right ?
    Imagine a God who did all that He did, and in the end, the salvation that He wants people to have, the eternity they should spend with Him, depends on their ears and intellect ?
    Golly gee.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

People know the truth because God says they know it.

14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
    and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”[f]
    16 It does not, therefore, depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[g] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who resists his will?” 20 But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

22 What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24 even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles? 25 As he says in Hosea:

“I will call them ‘my people’ who are not my people;
    and I will call her ‘my loved one’ who is not my loved one,”
    26 and,

“It will happen that in the very place where it was said to them,
    ‘You are not my people,’
    they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’”[j]
    27 Isaiah cries out concerning Israel:

“Though the number of the Israelites be like the sand by the sea,
    only the remnant will be saved.
    28 For the Lord will carry out
    his sentence on earth with speed and finality.”[k]
    29 It is just as Isaiah said previously:

“Unless the Lord Almighty
    had left us descendants,
    we would have become like Sodom,
    we would have been like Gomorrah.”[l]
    Israel’s Unbelief

30 What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; 31 but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. 32 Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the “stumbling stone.” 33 As it is written:

“See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble
    and a rock that makes them fall,
    and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame.”
    Romans 9:14-33

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you have targeted questions that have seriously concerned Christians for years.

Yesterday 2 young boys were pulled out of a lake after the ice broke under these boys feet --- ages 15 & 16. Immediately I think -- were they saved? & I dont know the answer to that question since I dont know the kids.

But I worry about my wife & son's salvation because the key is not do they know God, indeed they do (they live in the USA & references to God are everywhere) ... the key is are they born from above (born again / regenerated). If not, I would pretty much guarantee that they will not be allowed in heaven. My family has not as of yet been reborn....as Christ identified, "You must be born again" .....& that Must Be is pretty specific!

So in my case, God intervened in my life to bring me to faith & the way He did it was by new birth/regeneration..... remember it is a "Must Be" situation...you must be born again!

But those who are lost---and this is the critical point----are not caused by God to disbelieve. They do that all by themselves.

So let me sum this whole thing up by saying that I believe the lost are NOT sent to hell because God consigns them to it arbitrarily, but as a judgment for their sins.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IAMWEAK_. after all this polite conversation, you & I both know as Baptists that we are commanded as disciples of Christ to go out & present the gospel per the Great commission, right! So then the foundation of the free offering of the gospel is not election.... it is Christ's promises to save all who come to Him in faith.

10. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is just not fair! I am glad. If everyone got their just reward, all would go to Hell. That He has destroyed all but a few is evidenced by The Flood of Noah and burning Sodom and Gomorrah. cf: God ordered Israel to utterly destroy those in the promised land, including women and children.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God. God has a zero tolerance for false gods.

There are many false gods today. We worship ourselves and our stuff more than our Creator. Narcissism is rampant, complete with Bibles. It is no wonder, Satan himself is become an angel of light.

It all belongs to Him. Praise the Lord, He does not give us what we deserve.

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

#10 Bro. James, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL of us have sinned, we have ALL fallen short of the moral perfection holy God demands for us to have..

Good news is that despite all of us deserving Hell for that, especially for being rejecters of Jesus, God still had Jesus death provide atonement to him on behalf of all those to be saved by Him!

#11 Yeshua1, Jan 10, 2013
  12. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God has one will.These verses say nothing about God's will not being done.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

John 3:18.

Don't buy the "but what about those who never heard" argument. God has equipped every person with what I coined the Four Cs...creation, conscience, circumstances and ceaselessness (the desire for immortality). Man is responsible ( response - able).

15. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

People are not sinners because God has given them the truth.

That doesn't make sense, in my opinion.

People are sinners because they were born that way.

They were born OF sinners. Their parents were sinners.

Fault is irrelevent.

16. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once in Hell...

...there is no one to blame but your own failure to accept the grace of a loving God when the chance was there!

The time to blame or fault anyone for ending up in hell, including oneself, is not going to do anyone any good!

17. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

I'll play devil's advocate.

There is no other name but the name of Jesus Christ whereby men may receive salvation. How are those who have never heard of the True God or the name of Jesus responsible for not having the opportunity to accept or reject the Gift of God. How can one reject a gift which has never been personally presented to them?

18. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

People don't go to hell for REJECTING anything.

They go to hell because hell is the appropriate place for sinners.

19. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

There is no one to blame because thing made cannot say to the one who made it, "Why have you made me thus?"

20. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Every one of them had opportunity.

Maybe not the fullness of the gosple, but like every other human being, the scriptures make certain that every person recieves God sent Light/Revelation that can be recieved or rejected..just like those who hear the fullness of the Gosple. I have no dought that many of those who never heard the gosple made the right decision when Light was presented.

PRAISE GOD for his great provision

#20 Alive in Christ, Jan 10, 2013