1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it Typical In IFB Churches?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Phillip, Nov 23, 2011.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Let's revisit your quote:

You attacked all churches that place something about "Scriptures" first in their doctrine above something about "God". In fact, you attacked your own church. Does your own church think "God is the Bible" and do they do "worship of the Book"?

2. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

You have a valid point, as I should have said that it would be "worshipping"
    the Bible IF a church had as part of statement of beliefs that the KJV ONLY was preserved, sole, only word of God to us today!

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would leave out "preserved," which questions all english language translations, not just the KJ.

4. Whowillgo

Whowillgo Member
    Site Supporter

If I could drift back to the original post. I am an IFB Pastor and I believe I have heard all the styles. I enjoy seeing a man's passion from the pulpit but I do believe he should use God's power not man's volume to nail down a point. But I cannot judge another man's servant.
    If souls are being saved then praise God!

5. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you, Pastor....the key phrase is your last statement....if souls are being saved!

6. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

This is true and the LIBERAL SBC churches in the area (his definition) have a better track record in this area. The IFB church has only about 60 members on Sunday and 30 on Sunday night. He likes to say that people who quit going to church on Wednesday night and Sunday night even if they are tired from work may not be saved. He also says that if you have a job that causes you to have to work on Sunday it is your responsibility to immediately quit that job because God will provide you another job.

For instance I am an electronic engineer at an Army Ammunition Plant and I work with special bombs and explosives so there are very few jobs of this type in the area. Now, to be fair we don't often work on Sunday unless there is a war and we are shipping large quantities of bombs out. About 90% of the standard bombs and smart bombs come from our plant. Along with 2.75" rockets and all sorts of stuff I can't talk about.:type:

7. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

People in America once had a choice as to working on Sundays or not. That choice has long ago been removed from most of us. Work goes on no matter the day and to hold a job where the family can be cared for often requires difficult choices.

Yes, one can always quit and search for another job where church can be first, but will the church feed that family while the search goes on for several years? Doubt it...

8. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Holy cow! I have missed the past 4 months' Sundays/Wednesdays! Oh, if you see him, tell him "You're Welcome" for me.

As a combat engineer (also known as a "Sapper") this intrigues me. Pretty much anything that goes "boom" I like!

9. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I will pass that right along :thumbsup:. You guys who are OCONUS are sacrificing a lot for all of us and we should be thankful. God bless you and may He keep you safe.

(I almost got to see a MOAB test and they cancelled my trip due to cut-backs. The guys that went said it was quite a show.)