1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is It Unethical

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Bro Tony, May 4, 2006.

?
  1. Yes-it is always unethical.

100.0%
  2. No-it is okay to share information as long as names are not given

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Wrong...this poll was placed in this forum to deal with a legitimate question not to attack anyone. Please dont continue the paranoia and make a martyr where none exists. The question of ethics in counseling is a serious relevant question that is dealt with everyday in our churches. How do I know the intent of the poll? Well I posted it, and if you wanted to know why all you had to do was ask me, and not assume.

Bro Tony

2. Carolina

Carolina New Member

MRCoon
    Sorry I hit the button to post accidently but...
    I really appreciate your words regarding the situation. I am glad I am not the only one who interpreted it that way. The rejoicing at one's fall from grace only confirms to me that the result at hand was a group effort. I am grateful to the one's whose replies don't beat a dead horse. Replying negatively to the same person over and over seems to flame a fire. I agree that wemay not reolize how many non-christians may be reading certain people's posts for humor, their thoughts, or whatever.
    In heaven, wouldn't it be neat to have someone approach you and say "Hey, I know you from the BB board, you sparked my interest and now I am saved"

3. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Wrong...this poll was placed in this forum to deal with a legitimate question not to attack anyone. Please dont continue the paranoia and make a martyr where none exists. The question of ethics in counseling is a serious relevant question that is dealt with everyday in our churches. How do I know the intent of the poll? Well I posted it, and if you wanted to know why all you had to do was ask me, and not assume.

Bro Tony
    </font>[/QUOTE]Thank you Bro Tony.

4. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

Bro Tony
    </font>[/QUOTE]Thank you Bro Tony for clarifying your poll's intent. Notice I said as this poll is seeming to do and it is how I read most of the comments. I would not want to put words in your mouth or act like I know your intent so for that impression I apologize but I did want to also share my impression of the thread.

5. Rev. Lowery

Rev. Lowery New Member

Ephesians 4:29

Now go get your Bibles and read. As far as I know all versions say the same thing in this particular scripture.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

Anyone who would share anothers privately told secrets isn't worth anyone ever confiding in, and certainly isn't a counselor. How many of you would ever confide in someone if you knew they were going go tell people about it?

7. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Thank you MRCoon---with all that went on prior to my poll, I certainly can understand your perception of why the poll was made. It is a shame that ideas cannot be dealt with in a fashion that is civil and where if we disagree we can say I love you anyway as a brother or sister in Christ. I know I dont always do it with that intent. It is also ashame that every once in a while someone who comes in here seems to do so for a self-righteous reason and seems determined to become a martyr and prove they are closer to the Lord then everyone else. Too bad this could be a great place to let iron sharpen iron.

Blessings

Bro Tony