1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is John Hagee Baptist?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Boanerges, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

I think Bob has some good points.

Another point is that the Jewish people generally do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah, thus they remain in their lost condition. Messianic Jews are saved but should drop the O.T. festival days, etc.

Many to most Jewish people are not interested in the religious or spiritual aspect of the faith. They are social Jews who live a secular life style apart from Jesus.

Jesus is the only way to Heaven; He is the only Mediator. [I Timothy 2:5].

2. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

This is really concerning!
    Is there at least 1 famous preacher who has a sound biblical message? It seems like they all teach this wrong stuff.

3. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Men like Adrian Rogers (he passed away recently), Jerry Vines, Charles Stanley, David Jeremiah, John MacAuthor, John Piper, and D. James Kennedy are good solid Bible teachers. However, the best thing for you to do is find a good solid Bible teaching local church and sit under the discipleship of a sound man of God who is leading the flock.

[ March 01, 2006, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

4. standingfirminChrist

wow. Bible-Boy must be looking for an argument. I was in a room earlier tonight where Adrian Rogers was called a heretic. (I defended him, of course).

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

John Haggee does NOT believe in dual covenant theology. Jerry Falwell has been falsely accused of the same thing. His rebuttal today...

From Falwell "...I have been on record all 54 years of my ministry as being opposed to “dual covenant” theology. In fact, Dr. John Hagee has indicated to me, as recently as today, that he likewise does not accept “dual covenant” theology ."

http://www.falwell.com/?a=p&content=1141242068

6. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

I watched John Hagee on TV the other night in a mutual admiration type of discussion with an orthodox rabbi.To paraphrase John Hagee, he stated that the Jews have a much better understanding of the scriptures than the Christians do,and that Chrsitians need to turn to them to get a better understanding. I guess the fact that they missed Jesus, and the finished work at the cross is irrelevant to Mr Hagee.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You falsely accuse a brother in Christ. If you can't provide direct quotes from John Haggee stating he believes in DCT, please refrain from making these slanderous comments. I saw the same show, and you grossly misrepresent what he said, and twist it to make him look heretical. :rolleyes:

8. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

So then, he wasn't selling tallits to Christians then?And then he never said anything about "Torah Jews" having a better understanding of the OT? Answer the questions please.