Is LU the only RA MDiv online?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges / Seminaries' started by Pastor Shaun, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Pastor Shaun

Pastor Shaun
    Expand Collapse

Is Liberty the only 100% online RA MDiv program?

I know that there is a Nazarene college in Idaho that offers a 75 hour MDIV.

Was just wondering if there are anymore?

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist
    Expand Collapse

No, all of Luther Rice's programs can be had 100% online. Depending on where you are located, most of the Masters of Religion degree from Reformed Theological Seminary can be had online. 90%

3. Pastor Shaun

Pastor Shaun
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I really like LRU. However, LRU is only NA. Is there any other regionally accredited MDIVS that can be completed all online?

Thanks for the input though.

4. Rhetorician

Rhetorician
    Expand Collapse

Pastor Shaun Reply

Shaun,

If I remember correctly, there was a Nazarene University in the northwest that had an MDiv completely on line. But, it did not have Biblical Languages, it was rather short (I believe about 72 sem hours), and it was outlandishly expensive.

I will look to see if I can find it again and get back when possible.:thumbs:

"That is all!"

5. Rhetorician

Rhetorician
    Expand Collapse

Nazarene University MDive Degree

To all who have an interest:

As promised, here is the web page:

http://www.nnu.edu/mdiv/

Let me know what you think in light of the comments I made earlier?!:thumbs:

"That is all!"

6. Pastor Shaun

Pastor Shaun
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Rhet. That is the program I had mentioned in my first post, thanks for putting a name to it. However, when I looked over the program I didn't see much Bible. It is basically two masters degrees (Pastoral ministries, spiritual formation, or christian education) put together.

Do you know if any other universities have degrees similar to Liberty? As of now, I will probably apply to Liberty. I am just trying to look over a few more options in case need be.

Thanks!

7. StefanM

StefanM
    Expand Collapse

I know the CE example simply looked like a beefed-up MACE with just a few extra courses.

I'm in the MACE program at Mid-America Baptist Seminary, and 14 of the 64 hours are biblical courses.

8. Rhetorician

Rhetorician
    Expand Collapse

Shaun & Stefan Response

Hey gang:

I went into the web a little deeper and found a "Demo" course in Spiritual Formations. I was not impressed!!!

I have no idea as to why we are letting the MDiv degree be "dumbed down" so? That course does not look like any I have taken at Memphis Theological Seminary, Harding Grad School of Religion, Southern Seminary, or/and especially Mid America. I have Diploma of Theology (now the ADiv) that would come up to the academic rigor of this particular course.

What gives?

There are supposed to be fewer and fewer young men who want to go into the "preaching" or "pulpit" ministry I am hearing. More are wanting to do "ministry related" ministries like para-church, educational ministry, church planting, et al. If this is the case, then there may be a "dumbing down" of the MDiv degrees.

I wast just up at Southern this very week at the Centennial Library. And I met a PhD student, an MDiv student, and I am around MABTS' students consistently. And I know, from where I am and what I see, that the SBC programs that are MDiv continue to be very rigorous indeed. How those two would integrate I know not?

My two cents worth!:thumbs:

"That is all!"