1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Mary Omini-present ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Eliyahu, Jan 30, 2006.

1. standingfirminChrist

So, if Abel's blood did not cry from the ground, then God lied. And we know that God does not lie. Abel's blood did indeed cry out from the ground. It was a type and shadow of Christ's blood crying out from the cross.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Kamoroso

Please note what Paul states in verse 16:

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

When Jesus Christ returns there will be a resurrection of those who have died in Jesus Christ.

Now please note what Paul states in verse 14:

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Now tell us WHAT GOD IS GOING TO BRING WITH HIM when the Lord returns to resurrect those who have died in Jesus Christ.

3. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's try to be faithful with the OP.
    I think we have plenty of issues to discuss on OmniPresence matter of Mary, because it relates to Space-wise OmniPresence, Time-wise OmniPresence, Prayer to the Dead (Dead Mary, Dead Saints), Omni-science.
    In this aspect, we may study a little on 2 Maccabee 12. Also, RC refer to Rev 6, where the martyrs cry.
    As for the dead, I believe they are sleeping. There is no clue for us to pray to the dead.

4. Kamoroso

Kamoroso New Member

Sorry Eliyahu. This will be my last post on this subject.

"For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him." (1 Thessalonians 4:14)

Apparently, you are assuming that Paul is saying God will bring those who are asleep, or dead with him from heaven when he comes. This is not the case however. Paul is here telling the Christians who are alive, that they will not precede those who have died, and are asleep in Christ, in going to heaven, but rather they will all be going together. God will bring them, that is those who are sleeping, along with those who are alive, back to heaven with him, at his second coming. This is the whole context of the above, and below verses which you have quoted to prove that the dead are with Christ.

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)

Surely you don’t believe that those who have died in Christ, and as you suppose, would be coming back with him, would be referred to as in a state of sleep. Are they bored with the events of the second coming, one of the greatest events ever, so as to be referred to as asleep. I think not. This is an obvious reference to those who are dead or asleep in Christ, waiting to be awakened at his second coming. At which time they will meet together with those who are alive in Christ and will ever be with Him. PRAISE GOD!

By for now. Y. b. in C. Keith.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Pathetic denial of Scripture Kamoroso, pathetic denial of Scripture. Is that a characteristic of SDA?

6. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    O-R, let's not generalize the problem too much. In general I agree with you but we should not condemn him in such way because I have never noticed Kamoroso was denying the Bible, only a matter of interpretation. I have noticed the good standing of SDA on many doctrinal issues, but in this case I am not sure what is the position of SDA, yet. I feel your condemnation is too much.

7. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Last Sunday, we had a brother speaking about Psalm 33:13-18 where we can find God is
    1) Omni-Present
    2) Omni-Scient
    3) Omni-Potent

God is watching over all the people in the world. (13-15) He is Omni-Potent ( v 16-17).

Can anyone become a intermediator for all the people in the world, without being Omni-Present (time-wise and space-wise), Omni-scient, let alone Omni-Potent ?