1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is mathematics biblical? Did God create math?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    think Albert einstein shows to us that while math can indeed get us to see that there must be a "higher power" in creating this ordered universe, it CANNOT get one to Jesus being that Creatorm, as that requires work of the Holy Spirit and the Bible!

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

1. There is scant credible evidence of "c decay"
    2. Although we share greater than 98% DNA with Chimpanzees, they were a different limb of the evolutionary bush (According to evolutionary models)
    3. 0's and 1' simply symbolic (mathematical) representations of "charge", "not charge"
    4. I whole heartedly agree "My God how Great thou art"
    5. we get into trouble even without "pondering" the Potter

:)

3. quantumfaith

Agreed, but where has anyone made any such claim. For all the genius and intellect of Einstein (and many others) many reject any common notion of god, and most reject outright the notion of the personal God (YHWH) whom we know through Christ.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the percentages of how close our DNA would be to ANY other animal not valid, as think we are over 90 % of earthworm, and we should us to be close to other animals in that, as primates were based on similiar model of the Creator in making us!

there is NO evolutionary model though that can explain why we among all animls have a mind with self awareness/expression/thought, as that was a gift from god increation to ONLY beings made "in His own image!"

5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Question?

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, Gal 4:4

Is that a mathematical statement?

And if yes was it mathematical to God?

6. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit used variant numbers to a high degree in his word which causes me to believe those numbers are highly significant. Even though I can not put my hand on why.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

I believe so, yes. Certainly the everyday use of the word in the Greek would indicate that to most who heard it.

Yes, spoken without revealing how He determined the time had come, and without revealing how He will determine the time comes again. The Greek word is pleroma, which has the root pleroo. The former means, literally, "that which has been filled," a phrase that requires one to imagine a finite-sized vessel which is full to capacity. The latter, the root, reinforces that idea, of being full to the top, even "to consummate, as a number." I don't believe God inspired Paul to use the word without thought to how it would be received.

8. quantumfaith

I am not a "philosophically" trained individual, I would say the key word there is "fulness".

Not sure that "that" is a mathematical concept.

9. quantumfaith

:please explain...I am not following you.

Do you mean, particularly in the "cultures' and times of the scriptures...the significance of certain numbers, like 6 (symbol of mankind) and 7 (symbol of perfect completion)?

10. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has given us many numbers to describe chronological facts. We have managed to misunderstand most of these revelations.

examples: 1 morning + 1 evening= 1 day. Some try to make 1 day= 1 eon to allow for evolutionary punctuated equilibriums to occur. Do the statistical math: macroevolution is statistically impossible.

Our chronometers do not work in the spiritual world.

Who has the correct time and chronology? Jesus is coming "In a twinkling of an eye"--an eye blink is about 1/30th of a second.

Now what?

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. thisnumbersdisconnected

Yep. I like it. :thumbsup: , ITL