1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Michael Jesus?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Boanerges, Jan 23, 2006.

1. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

No, Michael the archangel is not Jesus!

How do I know? Because the Bible says we are not to worship angels!

The bible was not written to trick us. If he were Jesus, the bible would have plainly declared it.

Selah,

Tam

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Bible says we are not to worship MAN - so Jesus was not a MAN??? So in Gen 18 when the Bible SAYS God appears as a "man" to Abraham the bible is lying?

Such rational is not able to stand up to the test of scripture.

I am simply arguing for those who object to God the Son appearing as a man or as an Angel -- to use better Bible based arguments.

I think there are some - so why use arguments that fall apart from the start?

3. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Jesus was a man!

When He was man here on earth we did not worship Him.

Now He is back in heaven as God the son.

Now we worship Him.

Michael is not Jesus.

We do not worship Michael.

Don't try to twist my wotds.

I and everyone else that read it understands what I said.

Peace,

Tam

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thomas worshipped Christ while He was on earth.

There are several cases where Christ was worshipped on earth - pre-cross and post cross.

The fact that he appeared as a man did not mean we can worship mere men and the fact that he may have appeared in the form of Michael would not justify the worship of Angels.

The fact that God appears as a man in Gen 18 does not justify the worship of man.

My point is that it is best to use arguments that actually stand up to the test of scripture.

EVEN if you were trying out the idea that "God is not worshipped while appearing in the form of a man in Gen 18" (or Christ is not worshipped while incarnate) - it still fails because we do not see Michael "worshipped" either.

In Christ,

Bob